Chapter 20 ~ Uh Gaming..?

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

We've been through a lot, Mike and I over these past few months and it's almost hard to believe that we started dating not long after we became best friends. I've always thought that I would be with an inkling, but past me wouldn't have expected falling in love with an octoling. Do I regret meeting him? No, no I definitely don't regret. Do I regret being with him? Not a single bit.

I might have chosen the wrong things to do in the past, but if given the opportunity, I wouldn't change anything. I'm happy the way things are right now and I wouldn't want it any other way.

I've felt...so much happier ever since we started talking. Ever since we got together. It's been incredible.

I just love Mike so much, much more than I had ever anticipated...

...but not now.

~

"MIKE CAN YOU PLEASE STOP SETTING OFF SO MANY BOMBS!"

"I'm sorry that it's basically all of Snake's move set.."

I frantically pushed buttons as my Pikachu on screen tried desperately to avoid the bomb barrage from the octoling. Yet he chuckled evilly, as if he loved to see me suffer..

"Mike stooppppppp!" I complained, now trying to shove him down on the couch. I have been trying to slap the controller out of his hand as he inputed more commands to launch even more bombs. Pikachu was already at 103% so it was dangerous. "I'm sorry, but it's so much fun!" Mike cackled, continuing to spam the same attacks. I grunted and pouted as I continued to try to get around the explosives. But to no one's surprise, I couldn't find a way around it.

"GAME!"

Mike turned into his octopus form as he laughed hysterically as if it was the funniest thing he has ever done or seen. "What's so funny?" I asked quite bitterly, still pouting.

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

Look, I found it funny how Sarah couldn't exactly find a way to avoid my attacks, but it seemed as if I genuinely upset her.

"Hah...wait..are you actually upset..?"

I stared at the frowning Inkling, who was now crossing her arms and avoiding eye contact. Whenever we played together and I won/laughed at her, she would always pull this sort of thing off, but then tell me that she was messing around. Her doing this kind of thing was nothing uncommon.

Blinking once, the once before Inkling had now become an adorable squid, crossing her tentacles as she shut her eyes. Playfully, I poked her.

"Aw, is Sarah mad?" I chuckled amusingly.

Sarah winced and stared at me intensely.

"Stop it Mike."

There was a serious tone in her voice, and I was almost certain that she wasn't faking it. Maybe I actually did accidentally upset her.

My smile faded as I sat next to my squid, and briefly apologized. "Sorry for laughing at you baby.." I picked her up and placed her on my lap as she still had her tentacles crossed. I found it cute how stubborn she was, though I already could tell she was blushing.

"I-It's whatever..." She muttered.

At this point, Sarah had turned into her inkling form, now sitting on my lap. Nevertheless, this action only reminded me of the day we confessed to each other about our feelings.

Chuckling softly, I pecked her on the cheek, kind of teasing her. Though she responded by trying not to let out a muffled giggle. The inkling turned around, a small, embarrassed grin forming on her face. She surprised me herself by pecking me on the cheek.