Chapter 18: Saturn

Chapter 18:

Rina and her classmates were busy preparing the stage for their play. Despite Rina not being part of the main cast, she wanted the audience to like her set designs. She worked hard on them after all.

"Shoyo, you'll be fine!" She reassured her trembling friend.

Rina pulled the curtain and slowly peeked into the audience. It was starting to fill up with people, including some that she recognized.

"Kunimi-kun?" She whispered to herself, squinting to see if it was really him.

He seemed to notice her from behind the curtain and gave her a quick nod. His Onion Head friend, who she recently learned was named Kindaichi, was with him. Rina jogged towards them breathlessly.

"What are you doing here?" Rina asked, grinning, "Came to see me?"

"Yeah, right." Kunimi answered flatly, "Kindaichi wanted to check out your school festival."

"Is Kageyama here?" Kindaichi mumbled nervously, "I want to wish him good luck before Interhigh."

"I don't know where he is. Why would I know? I don't know!" She cleared her throat nervously.

"Okay..." Kindaichi replied slowly, "Kunimi, I'll be right back. I'm going to the restroom."

He left the two alone as Kunimi sat on the chair sluggishly.

"The guy you like," He murmured calmly, "It's Kageyama?"

"No!" Rina shouted, causing other people to look at her in confusion. She didn't make it that obvious, did she?

"I..." She sighed deeply as she sulked beside him, "Okay, yes, but you can't tell anyone!"

"Who would I tell?" Kunimi stared at her briefly.

"Kindaichi. Or, Shoyo. Or Kageyama himself!" She retorted, crossing her arms, "I know you guys were in junior high together so maybe-"

"I won't tell anyone." He reassured her.

"Thank you, Kunimi-kun. You're a good friend." Rina grinned as she clasped her hands around his, which made Kunimi feel something other than sleepiness.

"You're the only one who knows about Kageyama! Well, besides my sister." She added, taking out her phone suddenly, "Give me your number so we can text!"

"O-okay," Kunimi mumbled, casually inputting his number in her phone.

"I'll text you later." She stood up abruptly, "Save me a seat when the play starts!"

Kunimi nodded slowly as he watched her disappear behind the curtain. He stared at his hands which she held tenderly mere minutes ago. What is happening to him?

30 minutes earlier, Class 3

Mizuki arrived at Kageyama's class to find him serving tea to customers. It seemed like many girls fawned over him, especially because he was wearing a formal suit that made him appear very handsome. As soon as he noticed her by the door, he quickly invited her inside.

"I'm allowed to have a 10-minute break every hour," Kageyama mentioned as she sat down at an unoccupied table.

"That's good." She smiled, "Running a café is hard work."

He nodded slowly as the table filled with awkward silence. Mizuki needed to tell him how she felt now, otherwise, she may never get a chance to.

"Kageyama..." She mumbled, nervously staring in his eyes, "I have to be honest with you."