Seven

The statement that Jin's parties are wild proved to be nothing but truth to Jeongguk the moment he and Taehyung stepped inside the house

The statement that Jin's parties are wild proved to be nothing but truth to Jeongguk the moment he and Taehyung stepped inside the house. Jeongguk had never been the one to go to much parties. Being part of the unpopular gang of the school, he never got invited to the popular kids' parties, much unlike Taehyung. Taehyung got invited to many parties, but he skipped most of them because Jeongguk and the others weren't invited.

The atmosphere was thick with the smell of sweat and alcohol. Jeongguk scunched his nose in disgust at the unfamiliar scents. The party was crowded, as expected and Jeongguk searched if he could find any of their friends, them having arrived here sooner than Jeongguk and Taehyung. It was hardly past eleven at night but most people seemed drunk. Jeongguk started to feel uncomfortable and anxious as they walked further inside the house, to more crowded areas. He unconsciously scooted towards Taehyung so that he was pressed against him. 

Taehyung turned his head to look at the shorter male beside him and upon seeing him looking nervous, clasped his hands with the younger's, a gentle smile playing at his lips. Jeongguk smiled back, reassured that Taehyung was beside him. 

They were making their way towards a table with a lot of drinks and red plastic cups when two drunken girls, literally huging and laughing came towards Jeongguk. Taehyung immediately grabbed Jeongguk by his waist and dragged him out of the way so he doesn't clash with them. A gasp left his lips as he felt his whole body collide with Taehyung, both his hands gripping Jeongguk's narrow waist.

Jeongguk looked up at Taehyung because they were basically hugging each other. A blush crept up Jeongguk's cheeks upon realizing how close their faces were. 

They had just kissed not five minutes ago. And they'd been making out inside Hobi's car for like twenty minutes. Also Taehyung, Jeongguk's life long crush had just confessed that he too has feelings for Jeongguk but still. Jeongguk couldn't help the butterflies that erupted in the pit of his stomach when he was close to Taehyung. 

Taehyung smiled lovingly at the boy in his arms. "Careful, sweetness" Taehyung said over the the loud music.

The nicknames had Jeongguk  weak. Though Taehyung had always called him all sorts of nicknames throughout their childhood, they had little effect on him. He would blush sometimes, but he knew that they meant nothing because he used to strongly believe that Taehyung was straight.

Taehyung let go of his hold on Jeongguk the moment they reached the table with the drinks. He picked up two cans of beer and opened one and gave it to Jeongguk. Taehyung opened the other one for himself and took a sip. Jeongguk followed action, squinting his eyes at the foul taste and burn that seemed to follow as he gulped it down, but downed another sip nevertheless. Taehyung, on the other hand, didn't seem to have much difficulty gulping down the slightly bitter liquid. 

Jeongguk looked around him. People were dancing like crazy to the beat. Couples were making out everywhere. There was no trace of Hoseok or Jimin or Namjoon.