Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9

"E, E minus, E, D, F, F minus, D"

I stared at the scene unfolding before me.

The examiner and headmaster, Jenkins is testing our powers through a mock battle.

So far, out of the first 25 students who tried, 2 passed with a grade of B although they were all defeated.

"Seriously, that Headmaster isn't even holding himself back..." I heard Selene whispered beside me.

I shook my head.

Based on what I'm seeing... he isn't even using 50% of his power. He must be a terrifying opponent in a real battle...

I glanced at my brother and his friends that were sitting in the bleachers. They seemed to be enjoying the show since they had this amused smirks plastered on their faces.

Ugh.

"Remia Galiante"

Oh. It seems like the next examinee is up.

A small girl with long curly blonde hair that reached her back toddled herself to the front while yawning. She was wearing a frilly pink dress and hug-holding and pink stuffed bunny.

"Oh! It's the Viscount's daughter!" Selene muttered.

"You know her?" I asked

She nodded her head. "She's the same age as us. The only daughter of the viscount. Since she doesn't have any siblings, rumor has it that she'll be her father's heir despite being a girl. This is the first time I saw her though... she looks so cute! Like a doll!"

I once again focused my attention on Remia. Indeed, she was cute... no more like a herbivore who stand no chance against a carnivore like Headmaster Jenkins.

"State your middle name" Jenkins commanded.

The girl yawned and said: Ignisilt.

So a double magic user from the 3rd class magic?

"You are free to use weapons. Your goal is to impress me in this battle... will you be having that toy of yours in your hand the whole time?" Jenkins inquired.

Remia nodded and shook her head.

So was that a yes or a no?

"Start."

"Bunny, you fight him. I want to sleep."

Eh??

After laying the bunny down to the ground, Remia began to make herself comfortable by lying on the ground.

Wait is she really going to sleep?

"Earth Puppet: Giant Form." – Remia.

The bunny began to shake and transform into a huge giant. Gone was the cute appearance and was replaced by a battle aura. Everyone's jaw dropped in shock.

"I see... so you can manipulate objects using your power... Interesting..." –Jenkins.

The giant bunny began to attack Jenkins by throwing punches and boulders at him but not a single one managed to land its mark as Jenkins skillfully evaded each one.

The crashing sounds of the sheer amount of force her puppet exerted was enough to cause a little quake on the ground.

Remia, upon seeing the struggle of her puppet began to sit up with her legs crossed. She had an annoyed expression painted on her face.

"Earth Puppet: Army Form." – Remia.

The giant bunny instantly transformed into small sized bunnies and aimed to attack the headmaster simultaneously.

"Very interesting... Bubble Prison." – Jenkins.

Bubbles bagan to float around the hall and capture the small army manipulated by Remia. With this, she finally stood up.

"Ugh. I really wanted to sleep. Earth Puppet: Armor Form!"

With that, the bunnies began to disappear from inside the bubbles and gather towards Remia's body slowly covering her with a bunny-themed armor.

"Flame Cage."

A string of flame began to knot itself into the headmaster's body, restricting his movements. With that opportunity, Remia began to attack and threw a punch towards Jenkins.

"Bubble Barrier"

Just before her fist was about to strike Jenkins, a barrier was formed between her and the latter. She was pushed backwards from the recoil and was sprawled on the floor. At that moment of surprise, Jenkins broke free from the flames.

"BEEP!!!"

The loud beep of the timer signaled that the mock battle between them was over. Remia stood up as her armor disappeared and transformed back into the stuff toy that she was once again holding.

"Well done, Miss Galiante. Your potential is indeed great. A." – Jenkins.

The crowd made up of the examinees and audience cheered.

Wow! An "A" grade.

She looks really small but she was very powerful. I should be careful not to anger her.

"Did you see that, Nisha! A student that the headmaster wasn't able to defeat! With this, I think I'll have a chance at winning!" – Selene.

It seems that Remia's battle fired her up.

I laughed nervously at her.

If it's Selene we're talking about... she'd probably pass.

"Diane Froan"

Everyone grew quiet. Even Selene who was usually very chatty, sealed her mouth shut.

The reason?

Plain amazement.

Maybe it was because of her unusual appearance

A black-haired girl with dark eyes and pale skin strode in front of headmaster Jenkins.

Most of the people in Altrea have bright colored hair and eyes but her hair was pitch black and so was her eyes.

Come to think of it, her features are a lot closer to the people I met in my past life. So to me, she wasn't strange at all.

But...

Shit.

She was rather beautiful. She had this mysterious aura around her that I had to ask Selene about her since Selene knew everyone and anyone.

She inched closer to me and whispered.

"That's Baron Froan's adopted daughter. It seems like her parents left her in front of the Baron's mansion when she was still a baby and since the Baron are without an heir, they took her in and raised her as their own"

I nodded my head in understanding.

So that explains her unique appearance. 

"State your middle name" – Jenkins.

"Murke"

"As I said, you are free to use your weapons. Impress me"

The girl nodded and clasped her hands together as if in prayer.

"Shadow World" – Diane.

After uttering those words, she disappeared.

A/N: The internet is slower that my metabolism. Kidding. So i introduced 2 new female characters. Are they friends or foes? what do you guys think???