Han Suyin - 3.9

Han Suyin went to sleep and hoped that going to the base will go well. On her way to the base, she made sure to transfer the remaining pieces of jade that she had into money. When she woke up, she took all her things and left.

Taking her enhanced horse, Han Suyin made it to the base within 3-4 hours. When she got there, she saw how well the place was hidden. There were no guards, there were only trees surrounding the area. It was like a mini forest which encompassed the base, making it seem like there was nothing more beyond the trees.

Han Suyin decided to walk the rest of the way. Even though her horse was now trained, it still had been running at full speed for 2 and a half weeks without proper rest, apart from the times where Han Suyin stopped to look for some food for her horse. She decided it was time to give it a name.

"I'm going to call you Ben." Han Suyin stroked Ben's neck gently and started walking into the trees.

'Ben? Host, really?'

'You can't say much, your name is Arlo.'

'I know. But what if Su Leili hears you say Ben and becomes suspicious?'

'Am I going to die if Su Leili becomes suspicious?'

'No.'

'Exactly. I don't need to live in fear of her, especially since she's been using modern names for all her maids. As long as I don't invent anything before its time period, I'm fine.'

'You have really thought this out, host.'

'Yup. And you need to stop worrying about Su Leili, she's not the only main character. Can you keep an eye on Xing Yi Rong instead, please?'

'Your words are my command.'

'Thanks, Arlo.'

Han Suyin already walked a little into the forest-like area when she got slightly surprised. Everywhere she looked, there was green. Han Suyin knew that there was a walkway that you have to follow to get to the base. Looking through her memories, Han Suyin started walking into the more dense area of trees.

Her pace was ever so slightly slowed down, this was because she had bruising on the inside of her thighs. Although it didn't hurt, it was a tiny bit uncomfortable for Han Suyin. No matter how skilled she was, she couldn't avoid getting the bruises from riding a horse for a long time.

She still managed to walk with power and authority, something that was established through months of training others. Ben was following beside Han Suyin as she loosely held his reins so that he could move on his own pace.

Once the trees started to become more scattered, Han Suyin started to see the base in slight areas. She saw a massive ground, probably for training, and a lot of tiny huts everywhere. It was like a private village with a lot of people in it.

It was estimated that there were around 10,000 soldiers in General Han's army. Jiu's army had close to 80,000 soldiers, excluding the new recruits. Jiu's army had a pretty good amount of soldiers, but it was tiny compared to Zhuming's army.

Although Zhuming is smaller in terms of land compared to Jiu, they have more than 100,000 soldiers in their army. They are known to be the 'Country of Warriors' since most of the men in Zhuming are part of the army. Zuida was Jiu's ally, the two countries had formed an alliance and were always peaceful with each other.

Qiangda was the biggest and most powerful out of the 4 main countries. Its army was not to be messed with. Zhuming's army was a drop in the ocean compared to theirs. That's why the Emperor was so eager to please the Prince that came from there.