3.

Preparing diner was my getaway from all the troubles in life, cooking made me relax and it made me stress eat good food too. After having had lunch with the devil who was my best friend I was told to go home early. I don't know why and I was honestly grateful I wouldn't have to be near the suffocating and tense air between him and me.

The guard was there by the main door to make sure I don't go anywhere like I would even try, it was futile. The burn on my hand made the pain I felt inside non existent for a little while. Having skin easily blemished or burnt felt like a curse at times.

The cold water from the tap soothes the irritated skin. Luckily I had finished cooking. All I had to do was serve myself and go upstairs to my hideaway.

I honestly thought it was going to be smooth sailing like I was planning in my head but it wasn't to be, the main door opened and the greeting to Mr. Lamont made me aware he was here and he wasn't alone. Just my luck I have to tolerate his one night stand as well tonight. Universe whatever did I do in my previous life to deserve all this.

"Mel, what happened to your hand?" I ignored him and continued with the cold water and disinfectant on my hand. "Mel just tell me what happened to you, are you burnt anywhere else, should I call the doctor?" I didn't need a doctor but I didn't respond.

His companion comes into the kitchen. "Hi I'm Ty." I only waved back and ignored. "You can't stay mad forever Mel and I won't let you keep ignoring me like this I'm your best friend." If only that meant something after everything you do to me.

I served dinner for the two, I wouldn't let him starve, I knew he couldn't cook, last time he did he almost cut off three fingers and I doubt his bitch can cook either. Funny how he can fuck that fake male model who looked to be more of a gold digger than a person with a career they worked for solely. I was jealous but above that, I was exhausted emotionally.

I set their food down along with the champagne, on a night like this whiskey on the rocks wasn't his option. I knew that too, I snicker as I walk back to the kitchen. "Nolan tell Mr. Lamont his dinner is ready." Nolan my assigned guard stood there not knowing what to do because I had spoken to him yet Hugh was there with his plus one.

I went back into the kitchen, took my food, and my glass headed outside to the table by the balcony. Hugh was now showing his plus one to a seat. Nolan followed me outside. He closed the door to the balcony as I sat down.

I know where his loyalty was, I wouldn't be stupid enough to befriend the man. He stood there watching me. I was used to it by now, so I just ignored him. My meal was finished I went back inside to find Hugh grinding on his plus one by the edge of the table.

I was used to it, my heart broke watching it all unfold, I wanted to leave this, I wanted a fresh start where tears didn't sting and my heart didn't ache, I wanted peace and someone to love me.

Setting down the cutlery, I walk up to the stairs, before I could reach them Hugh called my name. "Thanks for dinner." I ignored him and went up the stairs. I just wanted to be in my safe place. Away from all the shit, that man puts me through.

Why couldn't he love me? Was it because I'm black? Was it because I was poor? or that I wasn't fake like those people he slept with. I could do more than all of them, I worked hard, I have been there to be his best friend, Why wasn't I enough, or did I just not deserve to be loved. It's the only conclusion I came to when I searched my own psyche, maybe I didn't deserve love.

The night was long, for two reasons, first, the ache in my heart was too prominent, the thoughts kept roaming my mind like a ghost, As much as I tried I couldn't find the solution to getting out of this hell. I couldn't live like this why not end it all.

Secondly, the grunts, moans, and yells from downstairs were all but too loud. Hugh was a quiet lover, his bitch was screaming that it made it so obvious he was faking it. It made me feel worthless at some point because as much as I tried I ended up imagining myself squirming and panting under him. I was a hopeless fool.

Finally having had enough of their sounds I hopped off the bed and took out my headphones plugged them in onto my laptop Zayn Malik would do a much better job at helping me with these emotions.

No one would ever love him like I would and I knew that, so tonight I was going to sing that out to myself because slowly my love for Hugh was fading if he kept on like this and that one day I finally find my way out of here I wouldn't be so broken.

So I sang and danced my way to exhaustion and sleep. The harsh rays of the morning sun made me groan and roll trying to avoid them and to go back to sleep but it didn't work.

I woke up did my morning routine and walked into Hugh's room, I knew it was a bad habit that I had developed over time but it reminded me of my mom when I was little she would always make sure dad was prepped for his day even when she was mad at him.

I chuckle lowly remembering the good times with my parents before dad had to use me to pay his debt to the mafia, that's where I met Hugh and we got along. That's a long story on its own.

The bed was made it meant they used the downstairs bedroom for their activity. At least he respected me enough. I picked out his navy suit with black cufflinks, a white shirt which looked like a dress on me, and a red tie. All pressed and set on his dresser I made my way out, down to the kitchen.

"Hi you're the maid or whatever right can I get some coffee, I want breakfast prepared too, Hughey still asleep." Oh no he just didn't order me around like that. I can tolerate anything just not a brainless hoe acting as if he's better than other people.

So I just stared at him.

"Hey I'm talking to you!!" The print on my cheek from the slap he just landed on me stung.

I hate it when Hughs guests think they can boss me around because they sucked on his dick. They always leave with torn hair unfortunately like this bitch who was going to get these hands.

------------------------------------------------------------------

LMJ