𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓶 XXX

"Do you think these match?"

"Chesca, we're almost graduating and yet you still cannot choose outfits to wear without my opinion."

She puckered her lips while giving me a pleading look. Of course, she will use her cuteness. When she saw the unamused look on my face she bursted out laughing while smacking my arms, I clicked my tongue. I swear to cheesecakes, my arms will be filled of bruises one day, this girl's arm is HEAVY.

I pushed her face away from me when she started teasing me. She laughed then continue rummaging through her closet while I satisfied myself from looking in the mirror after I applied light make up. Today, Chesca and I planned to go shopping, which we does regularly, every first week of the month. It already became a habit, at least for the past 3 years and a half.

My mind raced back, 4 years ago. I can only blame myself for being irrational and immature. To me, everything I did back then is an act of selfishness. I was young and incapable of assessing things I should've considered. Sometimes I regret it, sometimes I make myself believe it's for the better... And sometimes, I just feel numb and lifeless.

Since that day, GEUX lost their main vocalist. However, they didn't disband. Luke, the drummer sings alongside Jeno, that is by the way, still with Chesca. Sometimes, I feel envious of them but more than that, I feel very happy for Chesca. Although on the other hand, I feel the opposite for Charlie. He never got the chance to confess his love for Chesca. We became the best of friends though, he told me I understand him and somehow, I felt the same. Finn almost quitted the band, he blamed himself for Jed and I's parting. He told me how he regrets giving me a drink, but I just laughed it off. Until today, he will suddenly ask for my forgiveness, I was never mad in the first place.

This year is my last year in college. Currently, I'm staying with Chesca because she feels lonely alone. In exchange of giving me shelter, I cook for her, she said he will marry Jeno for the reason that he's skillful in cooking. Lie. She's just really head over heels for him.

I am lying if I say I'm not curious of Jed's whereabouts and what's happening with him. I stalked him on Instagram like crazy, I stopped when he posted a picture of him and Roseanne. I thought, so this is where I totally break my heart. Scrolling some more that day, I saw a ring for couples posted on his feed. I cannot bring myself to ask Chesca about him. I pushed him away and that was my decision. I shouldn't meddle with his business anymore.

I moved on.

I do.

I'm fine now just with myself. It's needless to say that, when he was the first to move on. Just like that, the name Jed became a rule in the house to never be spoken.

"Why are you spacing out?"

"Just... Remembering things I shouldn't."

Chesca's eyes squinted, there's a glint of amusement glimmering in her orbs. I don't like it.

"Who could that be?"

I don't like it when she's teasing me.

"Stop it, Ches."

... Because everytime she does it ignites something inside me.

•••

"I am telling you Lucy, this is a life and death situation!"

My straw released a 'pop' after I sipped on my drink. Chesca couldn't care less about Finn that is sulking in front of us. He looks like he ran a marathon. His hair is a mess, as well as his crumpled shirt. It didn't made him look less attractive, in my opinion, but he sure does look like he's about to lose breath.

"Hemmington, that's not my problem anymore."

He looked left and right, he stopped for a millisecond when he stared at the girl wearing headband and pink shirt just about a meter away from us.

"Please please Lucy, I don't want to be near her. Save my virginity huhu."

I coughed, almost choking on my drink.

"What do you want me to do anyway?"

He tried hiding his face with the hood of his sweater. Sometimes I feel sympathy for Finn, he have to deal with girls like this, at the same time it is somehow hilarious to me.

"Pretend to be my girlfriend."

"Are you nuts???"

"Come on, Luc, please please please just this once."
He clasped his hands together. I sighed, I guess it won't hurt to help a friend.

"Alright, alr—"

"Finnnnnn~"
The girl suddenly popped in front of us. I looked at Finn that suddenly wrapped my shoulders with his hands.

The girl didn't seem to take notice. She just kept staring at Finn with a loving emotion. Her eyes are cat-like and accentuated with her mole. Her nose is small and cute, while her body is almost perfect. How can Finn resist somebody like this?

I heard Finn fake coughed.
"Ynez, you see, I'm in the middle of something."

'Ynez' suddenly threw me a glare, I almost flinched. She crossed her arms.
"And who is she?"

I felt Finn tensed, heck, even me, I AM TENSED.

"S-she is my girlfriend!"

"Liar, you don't have a girlfriend!"

"Ynez, respect my relationship, please."

'Ynez' puffed her cheeks.
"I don't believe you."

"You should."
Finn grabbed my chin, held my cheeks then leaned on me in attempt to kiss me on the lips.

"STOP IT! OKAY FINE!"
Ynez pulled Hemmington away from me, I remained shocked.

"Don't think I will stop though, Finn."
She gave me a side eye before strutting away.

"What the hell, Hemmington?"

"Effective, right?"
I laughed it off when I saw his box smile.

After that, we went home with Finn. He told me that the band is requesting for cookies. All the way home, Chesca was teasing me, Luke too, of course. He even motioned how I looked like a 'constipated tomato.' IT MAKES NO SENSE.

Finn opened the front door while still clinging on my shoulders.
"Well, at least my 'girlfriend' saved me today."

I was about to slap him on the head when I heard Chesca.

"Oh."
I froze on the spot.

"Jed, you're home?"

He's... home?