24. Magnet For Bad Decision Making

Alex and Arielle were as good as dating by the time they all got back from the Glastonbury trip.

  I'd learnt never to take what Alex said when he was drunk to heart and to ignore the most of it. Right before they came back, Christian and I had, ahem, well...I needed a new bed. I don't know how it happened, never believed it could happen, but it did and I needed a new one. And it just so happened that the day I'd bought one and was busy spending the day putting it together was the day after everyone came back and I was greeted to three grins at my front door.

  "What are you doing here?" I laughed as they threw their arms around me.

"We came to say hello," Nick said, squeezing me tight.

"Al the wanker's not here cause he's roped up in a date," Jamie said. "Arielle's got his jocks in a knot."

The three of them started laughing. "But he promised he'd come see ya sometime later," Jamie said, patting me on the back.

"I'm glad he finally came round," I said, giving Matt a tight hug. "You guys have a lot to catch me up on."

"Why'd you think we're here?" Matt chuckled. "You busy?"

"Building a bed," I said.

"Great, we'll help," Nick smiled.

With three extra sets of hands, making that damn bed that I'd gotten basically nowhere with the whole day was much easier. It was so good to talk people I got on so easily with after about two weeks of Christian's friends and my own here and there. Don't get me wrong, I love my friends, but Nick and the rest of them were a different kind of friendship and I just missed spending time with them a lot.

  They told me all about their trip to the UK and all these little anecdotes about what they did to keep themselves occupied at the festival and backstage. Something called, "throw the line down the corridor."

We ended up buying some drinks and Katie even came and joined us for a lengthy chat in my living room as the afternoon progressed. Everyone seemed to have a bag full of enjoyable tales to tell about their trip and were laughing all the while.

Christian had bailed on me that day, on helping to make the end and all, so this was the perfect way to lift me right back up. I never realised just how much I missed everyone's company until I had it again.

  Arielle showed up at around six, giving me the biggest smile and the tightest embrace when I opened the door for her. The whole thing had turned into a kick back at mine and I wasn't at all upset to say the least.

  "I missed you!" Arielle gushed, rocking us side to side as she hugged me tight around the neck. "Al's just finding somewhere to park he shouldn't be long."

  "I heard about you two," I grinned at her.

  Her smile got even wider, her blue eyes sparkling, "I have so much to tell you."

  She'd brought a bottle of wine with her and helped me pour everyone a glass in the kitchen whilst she told me all about how she and Alex were going and I honestly almost cried. The way she talked about him was the way anyone wanted to be talked about. She would smile so wide whenever she said his name that it made you wish someone adored you that much. It was so evident how much she liked him and I couldn't help but be overjoyed that Alex had someone that was going to love him as much as he deserved.

  Just as we handed everyone their glasses, I heard a knock at the door.

  "Be right back," I said, putting my glass on the table and disappearing down the hall. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach merely at the thought of who was on the other side.