Chapter 4: Flirting

The next day, George is at school early, like he always is. He hates being stuck in the crowds and would usually hang about in the computer room until his friends showed up. Katelyn stands beside him, talking giddily.

'-I mean, they were all talking about it! The Seniors literally have nothing else to do so they've started placing bets on who it is. They think it's Maia but there's rumors that she's going out with Celestia. Hannah wants to put it in the paper; she's got a couple of photos, maybe-'

'Katelyn, would you shut up and tell Hannah to keep it to herself? My life, my decision.'

Katelyn puts her hands up in defeat. George smirks slightly, victorious, and opens his locker, finding an assortment of neon sticky notes on the spines of his books. 

'What the... How did they get into my locker?'

His sister quirks an eyebrow in interest. 'More notes? This is like some cute-but-cringey Netflix original shit.' She chuckles to herself before musing over the thought. 'I hope I'm the protagonist's sister that people stan.'

George doesn't listen to her, his eyes skimming over the notes before scoffing.

I'm sorry for the stunt I pulled yesterday

I didn't think people would make all that drama

I noticed you also didn't reply but that's okay,

You probably think this is some joke or something

George just rolls his eyes, peeling the sticky notes off and stuffing them into his pocket. He made a mental note to put them in the nearest trash can as soon as possible. Katelyn finally stops talking to herself.

'Wait, what did it say? I didn't see.'

'None of your business.'

'Fuck you.'

'Fuck you!'

'Ugh, whatever, I'm going to the library.'

'Good. You're stupid and you need all the studying you can get.'

'Bitch.'

'I'm not a mirror.'

'You are insufferable.' With that, Katelyn flounces off and George chuckles to himself. As much as the two bickered and argued and called each other names, they always had each others back. 

He turns his attention back to his locker, muttering, 'Okay, what's my first few classes...'

George picks out his stuff for Geography, Physics and Maths, shutting his locker and heading to the computer room. He found walking through the empty halls both relaxing and slightly eerie. The teachers were either in the teacher's lounge or preparing for their lessons in their own rooms. Someone was in the music department already, belting their heart out to 'Into the Unknown'. The noise echoed down the corridors, bouncing off the walls like a rubber ball on concrete. When he's far enough, it's just the sound of George's footsteps and the gentle droning hum of the lights. He reaches the computer room, which is already unlocked for the day. He looks at the clock above the door, noting he had about 15 minutes before the Sophomores would come in for their class. 

George makes a beeline for his usual spot in the room, the computer at the very back. He's been using this one since he was a Freshman and found it a habit to just go and use that one despite being the furthest away from the entrance. However, George stops in his tracks, eyebrows furrowing. 

'Oh my gosh, seriously?' he speaks softly in disbelief.

He approaches and, lo and behold, a neon pink and a neon yellow sticky note is plastered onto the screen.