Chapter Thirteen

Chapter thirteen

Aditya barged inside the Malhotra mansion followed by Zevah who immediately looked around for Srishti. Just then Srishti emerged in the living room and saw Aditya marching towards Sahil's study.

She tried stopping him but he was in no mood to listen. Pouting she looked away feeling dejected but then someone hugged her from behind and instantly a smile spread on her face realising who it was.

"Zevaahh," Srishti gleed happily and hugged her tightly to which Zevah laughed at her childishness but hugged her back.

"How are you? And the kids?" Srishti asked as they sat on the couch. Zevah was observing her and she looked somewhat different to her. There was a different kind of glow on her face and she looked happy.

"We all are good. You tell me, why are you glowing so much?" She asked curiously and a grin settled on Srishti's face.

"Is it visible?" Srishti asked in return with an excited grin on her face. She had unconsciously kept a hand on her stomach, a gesture Zevah had noticed.

"Yes," She answered still scrutinizing Srishti with her gaze but the latter was completely oblivious.

"I visited the doctor today and she said that all the symptoms are pointing towards pregnancy. And I don't know why but I feel this time, I am pregnant." She smiled caressing her stomach slightly and Zevah was taken aback by this sudden change in her.

"Srishti, you know right you will have no right over this child?" Zevah questioned worried about how attached she was going to be with the child because of course any mother will not want to get separated from her own child.

"I know, Zevah. I know at the end I'm going to be left with nothing and I know it will be more difficult to part with this tiny being but right now all I can feel is a child growing inside me and I can't explain this in words. You don't know how wonderful this feeling is." Srishti concluded with a warm smile having no complaints in the moment.

Zevah sighed at her explanation because it was Srishti and she would found happiness even in a room full of darkness.

────────

Aditya yet again barged in Sahil's study but it didn't startle him the slightest. Infact he looked calm and composed as he looked at the furious one.

"What is the matter, Aditya?" Sahil asked calmly but the latter was far from being calm.

"You tell me, Sahil. What the fuck is going on? Did you tell me that the result from IVF treatment was negative?" Aditya was far from being calm and this time he refused to be the sane one because somewhere he knew it was all Sahil Malhotra's plan.

"Well, what about that? I know I didn't inform you, it slipped out of my mind." Sahil shrugged as it wasn't a big deal for him.

"Really? Slipped out of your mind? Funny Malhotra. You can spew this utter bullshit to anyone else because I don't believe you. You didn't tell me because you never wanted to." He accused and Sahil stood up walking towards him.

"Aditya listen, let's not drag this topic ─"

"The topic has already been dragged, Sahil and it is you who did it." Another accusation which irritated Sahil because it was coming from his best friend.