37: The Devil's Wife

Jimin

The car pulled up in front of the restaurant. I was definitely nervous but I couldn't bear to leave her on that date.

What if she likes that man?

What if she will go on a date with him once again?

What if she forgets me?

These thoughts were more dangerous than her being mad at me and possibly murdering me. I took a deep breath and paused for a moment.

"You sure you wanna do that?", Erin asked me with a dubious look.

"Ofcourse. I have already brought them here.", I said while glancing at the back where my three cousins were sitting together.

"Guys, you know what to do right?", Erin asked and the kids clapped their hands.

"Yes! We are ready!", The kids shouted in unison.

"Remember that your Jimin hyung will reward you all very well.", She said smugly. "If he survives."

"Now, I have to go. Also, remember that you all have never seen me before. Bye!", She said and hurried out of the car.

The kids bade her goodbye and told. "Hyung, let's go inside now! We are ready!"

I took a deep breath once again.

Here goes nothing.

*****

Y/N

I awkwardly fiddled with the hem of my blazer while sitting in front of my date.

He didn't speak a lot but his look clearly spoke "I don't give a shit. I am all high and mighty."

He had constantly criticized the waiters regarding the service and proper etiquette. He was too posh.

Who the fuck was he? The King of England?

I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable. I had to be too cautious so that I wouldn't be the next victim of his slander.

We tried to do some small talks but it wasn't going well at all. I had tried to focus my attention on the food which was spread on the table. But the tension was unbearable and the date was going absolutely terrible.

The waiter arrived bringing the drinks for us. While serving, the glass accidentally slipped and the drink was spilt at my side. Fortunately, the drink was spilt on the floor instead of my clothes.

"I am so sorry, Miss. ", The waiter apologised repeatedly.

"No problem. It's fine."

"What kind of service is this? Don't you all know how to serve?!", Mr Chen spoke.

"I am so sorry, Sir." The waiter told.

"A sorry can't fix everything. You need to be fired! I will complain to your manager about this!", He said.

"Mr Chen, it's fine. It was just an accident.", I told feeling bad for the waiter who looked shaken up.

"You can't let him off this easily. We need to complain to the manager.", He said.

"Mr Chen, I already said that I am fine. It didn't do me any harm anyways."

"But----"

"You can leave.", I told the waiter who was more than glad to leave.

After that, I silently twirled my fork around, not having any appetite.

I coughed lightly and tried to change the topic. "Mr Chen, is the dinner good?"