Part 93 Mine

"Is that a threat?" - James's scowl twisted, suddenly alarmed 

"What? No! why would I have a need to threaten you? Lily is like family to me. I'm trying to tell you what happens-- this will sound bizarre but--"

He cut you short "Have you grown insane?" - feeling ignorant to your words and confident in what he believes "You're daft"

"You just don't listen. That is your problem, James." - You shook your head "Her life is in your hands, don't you understand?"

"I think I've heard enough" - he scoffed, looking you up and down as if you were crazy "Save your breath"

Remus intervened, pushing in front of you as he glanced back at James "I'll take her outside"

"Make sure she doesn't leave." -James replied, gesturing over to Sirius "Come"

Sirius appeared distressed, his concerned eyes peered into yours before he followed James out of the room.

Remus hooked his arm around your waist as he gently led you out of the building.

Once met with the fresh breeze of the wind and what was left of the now faintly tickling rain, Remus's face lightened "Quite an exit you made there"

"It's true-- every word"

He shoved his hands into the pockets of his trousers "Listen, I'm not sure what you heard from the dark lord but--"

"I haven't heard a thing...! I--"

Remus suddenly cupped your hands with his, raising his tone over yours "BUT I know you mean well. You may not see it but we appreciate you trying to help"

"You... You believe me?"

"I do. I've known you for years. Not as well as Sirius I admit whom I have no doubt believes in you as well"

Your stiff posture suddenly loosened in relief "When the time comes... you mustn't trust Peter"

"I'll keep your words in mind" - he nodded his head "I'll be cautious. I cannot keep him away, however, he is a close friend."

"I know this must look terrible..." - you glanced down at your tattoo before glancing back into his eyes

He must have sensed it or seen it in your look - he guessed you were deeply terrified and troubled

"<Y/N>, have I ever told you..." - his face brightened in amusement "In Hogwarts, the adrenaline potion was my idea for Sirius to take on Valentines day just so he could ask you"

"N-no... I don't think you have"

"Well" - he proceeded, nervously chuckling "I saw how anxious he was and I pitched the idea to him. I wasn't there in person when he asked you of course for.. personal matters"

"Personal...?" - suddenly aware, you added "Right, no, I probably shouldn't ask"

"I.." - he wet his lips, eyes fixed to his feet as he shoved his hands back into his pockets "I was meant to ask you myself in fact" - his glance lifted back up into yours "But I then discovered Sirius intended to and well... he's my friend" - he straightened as he sighed, as if he had told a big secret "Besides, I figured you wouldn't even look at..." - he lifted his finger and circled it in front of his face, pointing out the scars as he looked away in shame

"There is absolutely nothing wrong with you, Remus" - you smiled at him in reassurance 

He paused, smiling back. But it all snapped and he quickly nodded "Right. On the other matter..." - his expression stiffened "I believe you are free to go"

Your voice trembled "But... James said.."

"This is between you and me. I know whose side you are on, James just needs a little time to figure that out. And whilst he does I do not want to watch my good friend be banished back to Azkaban"

"Won't you get into trouble for letting me go?"

Lupin smirked as he winked "I believe you've escaped"

Your whole body tingled with ease "Thank you..!" - you wrapped your arms around his shoulders as he snaked his around your waist. 

As you sunk into the heaviness of the flattering hug, Remus tapped your back "Right" - he released you, pulling away "I assume you have somewhere to go"

You hesitated. There wasn't really a proper place you could go to... However, you indeed needed to still retrieve your wand from Riddle.

As you walked away, you took a quick glimpse over your shoulder to see Remus still standing still in the rain, his hands still in his pockets as he made sure you were walking away safely. He then waved at you with a slight smile on his face "Thank you for coming to us"

You nodded before turning back and disappearing among the streets.

Once Lupin couldn't see you anymore, his smile faded too.

---------------

In his hideout, Riddle twirled your wand in his hands

She will come back - he confidently thought

But his thoughts were disturbed by a low tone of a woman "My lord..."

Riddle could easily tell to whom it belonged to "It must be something truly important for you to disturb me like this, Bellatrix"

"She's here" - she replied in an almost scornful way

Tom's head immediately turned. Finally. 

"Bring her." - he stated

When Bellatrix left, she came back with company - you - trailing behind her. Lestrange led you into the room then as she exited, she looked at you with loathe.

When you were alone, Riddle's eyes weren't telling much but the smirk on his face was giving away delightful satisfaction "Come for this?" - he presented your wand in his grasp

"Yes" - you answered "Why else."

"And I presume you expect me to give it easily" - he added, his tone low and cold "Let's not forget you've disappointed me"

"I just want my wand. You've told me you will hand it to me later and here I am"

"Indeed you are" - he walked closer. He carried himself with such easy weight, such easy and confident movements "You obeyed" - he almost sensually whispered, his eyes fixed into yours, not looking away even for a second "For which you must be rewarded"

You felt reluctant, confused at his words "...Tom?"

And as if ignoring being called out by his name he so awfully despised - but the one he felt okay to hear as long as the word was coming from your breath --

Riddle grabbed onto the back of your head, pulling it close. His lips passionately brushed into yours, feeling utterly oblivious to the longing he wanted to satisfy. As his free hand slithered around your hip, you felt yourself melting into his tight, strong grip. 

He didn't want to let go either. 

The whole world around you slowed down in comfort. You were pulling each other closer until there was no gap and you could sense his fluttering heart beat fast. Your arms laid around his neck as your breaths mingled. Then he slowly drew his lips away, without releasing you at all.