50 | almost fading

| meliorism |
chapter fifty
❝ homecoming ❞

| meliorism |chapter fifty ❝ homecoming ❞

҉  ҉  ҉ 

    "I know but I just...I don't understand"

    Rhena sighed, pursing her lips. She shook her head, trying to find the right words. She could feel the eyes of her friend in her, getting lost as well. Their hands squeezed together reminded her that they were there, in the present. It was a good thing, because lately she had been zoning out, away from reality. She was fading away.

    "Sometimes...people do things that seem innocent at first, without thinking of the consequences" her voice was quiet, not wanting to further hurt her "he didn't think, and I guess it was too emotional for him to deal with it, seeing her"

"That still doesn't make it right" Bonnie whispered, leaning her head back on the couch.

Rhena shook her head "it doesn't" she looked down "I love him as a brother, but what he did has no excuse...you don't deserve this kind of pain"

"I'll get over it, I'm sure" Bonnie shrugged, clearing her throat, not wanting her tears to appear.

"You know what I think?" Rhena asked, leaning her head back as well, turning to see her. Bonnie turned her head, raising her eyebrows, and the two locked eyes "I think that someday, you're going to find a person that loves so so deeply, you're going to feel it in your bones...and you're going to feel safe and happy, and nothing is going to matter, because you will be moving forward, when that day comes, you'll look back and think, it did get better"

"You really think so?" Bonnie pursed her lips, smiling softly.

    Rhena smiled lightly "I know so" she nodded, opening her arms, and Bonnie went for the hug, leaning on Rhena's chest as she stroked her hair "let it hurt, Bonnie" she whispered against her head, looking at the emptiness in the wall "then let it go"

    The two stayed like that, quiet, taking in the peacefulness. After Bonnie couldn't hold her sadness and anger against Jeremy, she needed someone to talk to; but it couldn't be Elena. It was the day of the homecoming, and instead of getting ready, she went to Rhena's home, she figured they could both use a friend.

After all, personal problems had the same weight in other people. Sometimes, you need to talk, let it out, know that you're not alone.

    "Thank you for hearing me out" Bonnie smiled, sitting up as she looked at her "are you sure you don't want to come to the dance?"