Chapter 65

Nico's POV:

The girl beneath me writhed against my touch, letting a quiet moan slip through her lips and through my own.

This moment was long overdue.

Our repetitive teasing that started yesterday morning lasted all throughout the day, one of us waiting for the other to break and give in.

But we both held steadfast and the moment we actually returned to our room, we were both exhausted.

That being said, our little game didn't last long at all soon after we woke up.

Especially when the first thing That filled my senses was the smell of her desire.

Yeah... neither of us lasted very long after that.

A small whimper sounded in my ears as I buried myself in her neck, teasing the flesh with my tongue and teeth.

The slight sting of her nails in my back and in my hair spread through my body, causing a rumble to vibrate through my chest to hers.

My shirt had already been discarded a while ago, that being one of the first things that Khloe did.

I slowly drew my hands up her waist, deciding that I now wanted to return the favor.

Her nerves about this kind of contact had diminished exponentially since the first time we did this.

Yet I still wanted to take my time to see if I could get a rise out of her.

She aided me in removing it quickly, surprise reaching me as I realized that for the first time that I can remember, she slept without a bra on.

I looked to meet her gaze, the look in her eyes alone telling me that it was intentional.

She knew this would happen.

A grin mixed with a chuckle as I discarded her shirt over with mine.

"Naughty girl," I purred, leaning over her once more.

Her arms wrapped themselves around my neck as she brought herself up to my ear.

"I don't see how it's naughty when I just simply made your life easier," She whispered innocently, twirling a strand of my hair around her finger.

Dear. God.

Given any other circumstances, I swear I'd die before letting this girl go.

But given the circumstances that we are now, I this needed to be the absolute best I could offer her.

"Well, when you say it that way..." I replied lowly, causing her legs to press against my hips.

We parted just enough to see the color in the other's eyes before she took the liberty of bringing her lips to my own.

I followed her movements as I pressed her back against the bed, still fully intending on seeing what I could get out of her today.

That was until a knock at the door behind me echoed through the room, causing every movement of ours to stop for a moment.

Motherfucker.

Both of us turned to look at the door before Khloe looked at me for some kind of explanation.

The knock was unfamiliar and therefore unimportant.

I voiced exactly that to her, planning on immediately returning to the task at hand.

But when the knock came a second time, the snarl of frustration I gave came without warning as I turned back towards the door.

I debated just waiting until they left, but when Khloe grabbed and pulled at the sheets to cover herself, I figured the quickest way to get them to leave and get her comfortable again would be to go tell them to screw off as soon as possible.

One look at her and I knew that this interruption had done a great job in ruining the mood.

"Nico...?"

"Yeah," I responded through a sigh, grabbing my previously discarded shirt from the other side of the bed, "I'm on it."

Putting the shirt back on, I took a second to compose myself before opening the door.

Khloe as well hid further under the blankets so that she was nearly hidden.

Once I saw that I opened the door and glared down at the unfamiliar slave that had ruined my morning plans.

I didn't have a lot of time left with her to begin with.

"This better be important." I bit, causing the pokerfaced exterior of this boy to crack for a second.

I had to physically restrain myself from releasing any of my pheromone that would leave him cowering in fear.

But if he dared take even one look and further into my room...

He cleared his throat, bowing his head before speaking, "Prince Nicolas, Lord Vanderwood has requested your presence as soon as possible."

I felt the muscles in my jaw tighter, my restraint becoming more difficult by the second.

Basically the only thing holding me back was the voice in my head telling me not to shoot the messenger.

"Can you tell him I'm busy and would honestly much rather choke on my own blood than ever accept an audience with him again?"

The boy's face blanched, eyes growing wide.

"I-I would much rather prefer not to," He stuttered out.

Typical.

I turned my head, barely sending a glance to Khloe as I tried to figure out what he wanted from me this time.

Maybe my mother talked some sense into him and he wants to apologize.

Wouldnt that be nice.

Either way, I knew I wasn't going to get out of this, but I wasn't leaving Khloe alone.

I huffed out another sigh, "Whatever. Tell him I'll be a minute."

"Yes, my prince," The boy gave another bow before scurrying off.

I needed time for Marcus to show up, and to also get numerous scents off of me before getting anywhere near him.

I closed the door a little harder than I had planned, turning fully to the girl who peeked her head out of the blankets.

"Do you know..." Her question faded through her new nervousness.

I shook my head, making my way back to her, "No, but when do I ever know what these conversations are about?"

Honestly, I debated bringing her with me for a second, but the thought of it just being a one on one talk quickly took that thought from me.

I didn't want to risk something going wrong when he could so easily overpower me if it were just the two of us.

My stomach turned at the thought.

"You're gonna be okay though, right?" She asked, her voice now showing a hint of fear.

I sent her a small comforting smile as I closed the remaining distance.

"Worry more about yourself, love," I said, leaning into a short kiss, "As long as you're okay, I'll be okay as well. I'll do my best to make this quick, and Marcus will be here soon."

She nodded as I grabbed and handed her her shirt.

"Okay...," She responded in a whisper, chewing lightly on her bottom lip

I debated saying something that would calm her nerves but came to the conclusion that nothing would be as effective as her seeing me return.

Return safely and then for the love of God get some privacy for the rest of the time I had with her.

I just needed this to be over with as soon as possible.