More Friends

-Haneul POV-

During second period, our teacher allowed everyone to choose their seats and talk. I sat between Soomin and Jungkook.

"So, how's high school so far?" Soomin asked excitedly.

Jungkook rolled his eyes, "It's okay I guess."

"Jimin and I actually met someone last period. We invited her with us to lunch, if that's okay with you guys..."

Soomin's face lit up, "Of course! The more the merrier, especially if it's a female. Now that you mentioned that, I also invited someone."

Soomin was usually the most social of us, so this was somewhat common. That was actually how we met Yoongi and Jimin.

"Who?"

"Kim Seokjin, he's a sophomore, too. He's the guy Hoseok, Yoongi and I met last year. At first, I honestly just talked to him because I thought he was attractive but turns out he thinks the same thing. Like, I mean, he's pretty cocky..."

Soomin and Jungkook kept talking while I buried myself in thoughts and questions.

First of all, I need to know why Jimin thinks I'm oblivious. Pfft, he's the oblivious one here. Also, two new friends?? Yeonha and Seokjin? I mean, she's really nice and I haven't met Seokjin but he sounds cool enough. Are the others going to invite someone else too? Is our friend group going to change? I want us to stay close friends... No, nothings changing. I'm just letting myself get anxious. It's good to meet new people. Like Soomin said, "The more the merrier."

I'm not normally this anxious. The stress of the first day and high school overall must be getting to me. I excused myself to go get a drink of water to relax a bit. While in the hallway, I took the opportunity to text the others about lunchtime.

*Chat*

Haneul:
Hey guys, just wanted to tell you
guys to wait for everyone at the
entrance of the lunch room since
we're meeting two new ppl.

Hobi☀️:
Ooh, who?

Junglebook:
if you wait till lunch, you might
just get to meet them :D

Hobi☀️:
:(