Chapter 51: Training

I woke up that morning with a knot in my stomach. I had no idea why though, something just felt inherently wrong. Was I feeling guilty from the day before?

I rolled over and saw Tsu, which calmed my nerves just a little bit. I must've woke up early, considering she was still asleep. I took a look at my phone, and noticed it was just before seven in the morning. How disappointing...

The bad feeling wouldn't go away though, no matter how much I tossed and turned. It just felt like something bad was going to happen, and I wasn't any stronger than I was the day prior. A thought then popped into my head.

I got my phone out, and I texted Mirio. 

Me: Hey man, you awake?

Mirio: Absolutely! School or no school, nothing interrupts my morning workout!

Me: Ok cool, I actually wanted to ask you something related to that.

Mirio: Go for it!

Me: Can we train together? I want to get stronger, and even without a quirk, you're probably my best bet.

Mirio: Sure, sounds pretty fun actually! Where can we do it?

Me: Come to Momo's manor, I've been doing a fair bit of training there recently.

Mirio: I'll be around in ten minutes!

I wasn't usually quite so cold to people. Normally I'd have asked if there were any improvements to regaining his quirk, or if he was even just feeling alright. But on top of the stress I was already having, I had this strange pit in my stomach still, and it wasn't hunger.

Tsu woke up and we cuddled for a few minutes as I told her that Mirio was coming over. She was glad I told her as she was always happy to say hi to Mirio since the Overhaul incident.

" Do you ever just wake up with a really horrible sorta cramp in your stomach? " I asked her.

" Only for about a week once a month. That shouldn't happen to you though. " She replied, to which I rubbed my eyes.

" No, not that... " I said, to which she giggled a little since usually I was the one making people uncomfortable. " Maybe I'm coming down with something... "

" I wouldn't be surprised, kero. With how stressful the past week has been, it's amazing how well you've coped. Some of the others have been breaking down and struggling to function properly, it's really sad... "

I hadn't even given that any thought. How were my friends doing? Especially my 1-B friends, they saw two heroes die, when they had a chance to stop them.

I saw Power Loader die, without having anything I could do, so in a way it's not as bad as what they experienced. They must have been feeling awful, and I hadn't paid any attention to them.

" I'll try to talk to them a little bit to reassure them later. Right now though, I gotta get up and ready for Mirio. " I kissed her as I got out of bed and got dressed, and she did too.

When I reached into my pocket, I felt the tub that was still inside from the previous day. I took it out, which Tsu immediately noticed.

" What's that, kero? " She asked, eyeing it curiously.

" Oh, I stopped by the U.A. ruins yesterday to collect what I could of... The ashes. It hadn't occurred to me that the urn was still inside when the building was destroyed. This is the last remaining part of my father. " I answered.

I opened the drawer beside my bed and put it inside, pushing the draw back afterwards to make sure it didn't get damaged somehow. Thankfully, the urn wasn't too ornate to worry about losing.