Chapter XVIII

Before we start Chapter 18, we've had a major issue here on Wattpad. If you keep up with me then you probably know how both my accounts were hacked and I lost my backup a count but I was lucky enough to be able to save my main account. However, not everyone has been as lucky.

If you're in the Tangled fandom then you probably know of Avery_Spokeens from her absolutely amazing books!

If you are unaware of what happened, Avery's account was hacked and she has since disappeared from Wattpad. Her best friend Scarlett_Schuyler is heartbroken over this and we all have to band together to help bring Avery home! We are so much more than just friends in this fandom! We're family!

"Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten."

Thank you all for reading this! Don't forget to spread the word around!

#TakeYouHomeAvery

Now, onto the story!

💧

Aqua sat down at the table with Varian, smiling at her parents.

"Hey, Squirt!" Eugene flashed the younger princess a smile.

"What's up, Eugene?" Aqua asked as she looked at him.

"Not much. What about you? I heard that you and Varian were gonna go to the Demanitus Chamber for a few weeks," Eugene said with a little smirk.

"Yeah, so that we can decipher the scroll," Aqua said as she placed her napkin on her lap.

"Is that all?" Eugene winked, but she ignored what he was inferring.

"Yep! That's all we're doing down there. Maybe do a few other experiments as well," Aqua replied to which Varian nodded.

"Well I hope you guys have fun!" Rapunzel said cheerily.

Aqua nodded with a smile. "I hope so too!"

💧

Aqua was playing with Ruddiger and Varian groaned as he slammed his fist down on the table.

"It doesn't make any sense!" Varian cried angrily and Aqua got up.

She walked over and rubbed his shoulders gently.

"Hey, calm down. You won't get anything done if you're stressing yourself out," Aqua said gently as she massaged his shoulders.

"I just want to figure this out... it doesn't make any sense..." Varian grumbled and Aqua looked at the scroll on the table.

"Wait... they're incantations, right?" Aqua looked at Varian and he hummed as he thought about it.

"They are. Rapunzel said that she saw this incantation on the wall during her journey," Varian said as he hummed.

"And didn't you say that she used a song to free your father?" Aqua hummed.

"Yeah, she did! I don't remember all the words," Varian said as he tried to remember.

"I'll go ask her! I'll be back, Var," Aqua said with a smile, kissing his lips quickly before she left.

Varian's eyes followed her as she left and Ruddiger made a snickering sound at the lovesick look on Varian's face.

"Be quiet..." Varian muttered with a blush as he looked at his companion. "While we wait, what do you wanna do? Have a snack break?"

Ruddiger brightened when he saw Varian pull out an apple from the covered basket on the table.