Chapter 6

My leg was twitching again. Jumping up and down like a frantic grasshopper. My gaze looking everywhere but on my food. Where the fuck was he?

Kurt put a steady arm on my shoulder "Relax Rex".

"I am" I retorted automatically.

"Listen to me Rex, take my advice" Luke said between bites "-don't be so needy, trust me girls don't want that"

"But... Leo is a boy" Kurt said looking a bit confused.

"Same same, it goes both ways, you don't want a clingy girl leaping toward you every time she saw you"

"I wouldn't mind a clingy girl" replied the big grizzly sincerely.

Luke hit him from across the table."You are not helping" he hissed.

A light whistle chimed and a flock of birds entered through the windows on the left side of the meat hall. Soaring through the air. I found Leo's golden hawk easily in the mist, shifting mid air and landing gracefully like he was out for a stroll. Silver walking up next to him beckoning him to sit by them.

I was about to get up from my seat, when Luke gave me his death glare. Daring me. I slumped further down in my seat, defeated.

"You want my jelly Rex?" Kurt sympathetic eyes lingers on me.

"Thanks Kurt" I grabbed the jelly pack from his hands. Strawberry dream stood out in bold letters.

We ate our dinner, me trying to glance unnoticed twoards Leo, and Luke scolding me and hitting me pretty hard on my shoulder. I started to cringe from the pain and wondered if it looked heavily bruised by now.

A light prickle in my neck still me. And a gentle hand touched my arm. I turned slowly towards Leo.

"Hello" He spoke softly "Are you done?" he nodded to my plate.

"Hi" I stared at the beautiful boy standing over me. "Yeah.."

"Well uhm..." his arm went up to his neck squeezing lightly."Can you maybe show me the library?"

I guess my smaller head thought library was some sort of dirty code, cause it did a small spasm in my boxer briefs.

"Sure" I smiled to him and he happily flashed his pearly with teeth towards me, dimple and all.

As a gooey pudle, I got up and we started walking out the door.

"So how was your day?" I ask, wanting him to talk more to me.

"Oh... It was amazing" He lauched himself into his day, and how far they had flown, which also was the reason for the library research, he needed to study our grounds and terrain.

He continued talking about the other birds, what they had seen and about the pack of wild deer they had spotted for the ground hunting team. He was so excited, he was so happy.

"I'm sorry, I'm probably boring you with all this"

"No, not at all, I love hearing about your day" Omg did I just use the L-word in a sentence to him, I cringe inward and hope he didn't notice.

"How was your day?" he asks me, apparently unnoticed.

"Oh you know, same old" I sigh.

"That bad uhm..."

I snickerd to him and continued walking but stopped after realising he didn't follow. He glanced around in the small hall, as checking if we were alone, the corridor silent.

"Uhm.... you can smell me now"

"Hu?" did I hear him right? I stared blankly at him.

"You can smell me" He stated again a bit louder.