°Love works in different ways°

Kaycee tapped her foot impatiently, checking her phone every few seconds, for a text or call from him. The waitress had already been at her table at least 3 times now, but Kaycee kept asking for more time in hopes for him to arrive. But still nothing. It was Kaycee's one month anniversary with her boyfriend and he was already 40 minutes late at this point. The absolute dunderhead.

 From the corner of her eye, she could see the waitress approaching her slowly. The other customers already had apologetic looks written all over their faces as some smiled warmly at her. 

Cursing profanities under her breath at her boyfriend who wasnt here, she picked up her bag to leave before the waitress arrived, until she felt the sudden appearance of someone stand in front of her.

'Hey, babe. Sorry I'm so late, traffic is hella crazy right now' a random boy muttered, taking a seat across from her. Kaycee looked at him wearily as she plopped her bag back down on the chair. 'I'm Sean, just go with it.' he whispered, removing his jacket.

Kaycee smiled appreciatively at the boy, the other customers smiling at her and the boy before continuing to enjoying their meal.

'Hi?' Kaycee murmured unsure on what to say.

'Hey...whoever stood you up is a real jerk by the way' he mumbled, sipping on the glass of water in front of him.

'Oh,um yeah' Kaycee managed to croak out as she tried to avoid looking at him. With his dress shirts two first buttons unclipped and his tense muscles, it was safe to say that he was extremely attractive.

'Sorry to barge in...you probably think I'm some freaky guy' he chuckled, his eyes squininting slightly as a dimple appeared under his lips.

'Um-no. I mean-yeah, but like no' Kaycee stuttered. She had never been one to be social, let alone to a complete stranger who looked like he had just dropped down from heaven.

'Well, I can assure you that I'm no kidnapper or something... just an ordinary boy'.

'That's what a kidnapper would say' Kaycee giggled, leaning her face into the palm of her hands.

'Probably, but I'm no kidnapper. My mom works here at this restaurant so I just decided to tag along with her today' he explained. 'Then I saw you waiting for your jerk of a boyfriend, so yeah'.

'Makes total sense' Kaycee replied, sarcasm laced in her voice as she rolled her eyes. 'My boyfriends not really a jerk, though'.

'I'm pretty sure he is a jerk if he stood someone as gorgeous as you up on a date' Sean admitted bashfully. Kaycee blushed, biting her lips in hopes of the heat disappearing from her cheeks.

'What can I get you, my dear?' The waitress asked, a paper and pen in her hand as she saved Kaycee from Sean witnessing her reddening cheeks.

'Hmm... tell Mama that I want two deluxe specials. It's on me' Sean smiled, discreetly glancing at the brunette.

'Oh no, you don't have to pay for me. Really, there's no need' Kaycee interrupted, waving her hands dismissively.

'Well, I want to. Besides it's not everyday you get an opportunity to pay for a cute girl's meal in a restaurant' Sean chortled.

'Uhm- t-thank you' Kaycee mumbled, sighing as she gazed dreamily at the boy sitting in front of her. You have a boyfriend, Kaycee scolded herself as she mentally slapped her forehead. But he ditched you, so..., Kaycee thought again as she continued to watch Sean and the wiateress' interaction.

'Your meal will be ready in 10 minutes, thank you' the waitress exclaimed, walking back to the front of the restaurant.

'Uh-I never caught your name' Sean said, turning his attention back on her.

'Oh, I'm Kaycee' she answered, smiling ear to ear at him.

'Kaycee. Cute' he muttered under his breath but Kaycee heard as she scolded herself for blushing again.

'Uh... so um-why are you helping me?' Kaycee thought aloud, one brow raised up in curiosity.

'I told you, your boyfriend is a real jerk for standing you up, I just thought that since everyone was looking at you weirdly I could help you, you know' he elucidated, brushing his fluffy hair back. 'And, I wanted a reason to talk to you' he concluded, laughing as two giant plates filled with mouth watering delicacies were placed in their table.

'Banana shenanigans! This looks heavenly' Kaycee gushed, licking her lips. 

'I could name something else that looks heavenly too' Sean retorted brightly, smiling at the petite girl. Kayce awkwardly smiled before digging in, sighing heavily as she savored every flavor of the dish.

'This is amazing, Sean' she murmured, dabbing her lips with the end of a napkin.

'It's my mom's special recipe.' Sean replied, happy that the girl was liking the food.

'You're telling me that you're mom made this. Oh snooker doodles, please ask her if she wants to adopt me. I could get used to this'  Kaycee sighed, leaning back as she patted her full belly.

'Mhm, my mom makes everything that you eat here. With the help of my dad and siblings' Sean explained nonchalantly.

'You're whole family can cook!' Kaycee whisper screamed. 'I could burn water for all I care'. Sean chuckled lightly at the girls joke, wiping his hands with a napkin.

'I guess, but who needs to be able to cook when they look as adorable as you?' Sean teased,  praying that the day wouldn't end. He sat back in his seat, taking in the hevaenly sight before him. Her hair was in light curls, running past her shoulders. Her face had very little make up on, but she didn't need it anyways. She was wearing a simple summer romper with a denim jacket, but she looked so exquisite in it. Sean shook his head unconsciously, unable to comprehend how someone would ditch her.

'Hey Sean, I think it's time for me to leave' Kaycee sighed, glancing at her watch.

'Oh yeah. Mhm. Of course'.

'Thank you so much for saving me from public humility.' Kaycee joked. 'But like seriously, thank you so much. It means a lot to me. I now believe you when you say that you're not a kidnapper'.

'Yeah, uhm-no problem. It was my pleasure, really', Sean responded, sliding out of his seat.

'Thank you again, Sean. Maybe we could do this another time but like without the you saving me kinda thing' Kaycee giggled, packing up her bag as she slid out and stood right in front of Sean.

'I'd love that. I'd really love that' Sean murmured, swaying back and forth on his spot. Kaycee leaned down onto the table real quick, scribbling her phone number on a napkin before shoving it in his hands.

'Thanks again' she mumbled brightly, tip toeing as she pressed a sweet, innocent kiss onto his cheek which was now flushed pink.

'Not gonna lie, I'm really glad your boyfriend is a jerk' Sean chuckled, reaching out to hold her hand.

 'Me too' she smiled, gazing dreamily into the eyes of a boy she had known for probably half an hour now. 

What can I say, love works in different ways.

AN| AAAHHH, MY FIRST CHAPTER IN THIS BOOK!!! IM SO EXCITED TO START SOMETHING NEW WITH YALL. 😆😆😆 

I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THE PLOT IF THIS STORY, AND I HOPE IT WASNT TOO CONFUSING. IT DEFINITELY DIDNT END UP THE WAY I WANTED TO, LOL. 

❤️❤️❤️

MAKE SURE TO COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW AND SHARE

LOVE YOU GUYS,

XXX