Chapter 2

MICHAELS POV

The teacher was talking to someone outside the classroom and all I could hear was Marlon's loud ass talking. Eventually the teacher came in with a girl.

Not gon' lie, she was fine as hell. Me and the girl made eye contact for a few seconds before the teacher started her annoyin' ass talking.

"Class, this is Kehlani. She's obviously a new student here, if you want to make her feel welcomed, you can say hello or something after class."

'Kehlani. Hm.' I thought in my head as the teacher told her to sit next to Isabella.

She sat down in the seat next to Isabella, which is no too far from me, and the two started whisperin' to each other as the teacher went on wit' the lesson she was teachin'.

The class went by pretty fast, and the teacher handed us our homework as we left the class. When I walked out of the classroom I spotted my best friends, Amari and Terrence talking right in front of my locker.

"Wassup, Mike." Amari dapped me up.

Terrence nodded and said "Yeah. I saw ha' walkin' wit' Isabella."

That's when Isabella came over to us with her friends, Hailey, Jada, and the new girl. "Hey." she dragged. "Hey." the three of us said at the same time. "Who 'dis?" Amari asked gesturing towards the new girl.

"This is Kehlani. She jus' moved here from Dallas a few weeks ago. Kehlani 'dis is Terrence. Michael and Amari." Isabella pointed at us as she said our names.

"An' don't be tryna flirt, Michael." Hailey said rolling ha' eyes.

"Ion even be doin' all 'dat." I smacked my teeth.

"...sure..." Jada sarcastically said, makin' me smack my teeth again.

"Yeah, she's new and fragile. Ain't no tellin' what yall niggas gon' do to break ha'. Especially you Michael." Isabella added, givin' me the side-eye. Before I could say anything, she continued. "Anyways, say wassup or somethin' Lani. You bein' too quiet."

"Hi. I would introduce myself, but they already did that for me." She shrugged with a little smile in her face.

I didn't say anything and me an' her jus' made eye contact again for a short moment. I noticed she had this sparkle in those brown medium sized eyes of her's. She shyly looked away.

"Anyways, we gotta go to class. We'll see yall later." Jada said and the girls started to walk away.

"You act like we ain't got the same class but okay." Terrence said before her walked away, along wit' me an' Amari.

When I got to the class, Kehlani was talking to the teacher and the other girls were in their seats. Once everyone was in class and seated, the teacher sat Kehlani down next to Amari.

KEHLANI'S POV

I got to my second period class and once everyone was seated, the teacher sat ne down next to Amari, who I just met not too long ago along with Terrence and Michael.

I was taking my notes for the class when Amari started talking to me.

"You wanna know somethin'?" He asked.

"What?" I asked as I kept writing my notes.

"You got a big ass forehead." He said and I straight faced him.

"Okay." I shook my head and he continued. "Isabella look like a burnt cookie. And don't get me started on 'dat ET lookin' ass nigga ova' there." He looked at Michael.