A deal

Jonathan was looking at Katherine who simply rolled her eyes while Alec was stiffened and ready to attack the Morgenstern  and he would have had she not interlaced their hands. The elevator doors opened and Jace and Clary walked towards the couple.

''Did he say anything?'' Jace asked as he stood on Katherine's other side with Clary standing besides him ''Nope.'' she looked at her twin ''Underhill's been questioning him about the Morning Star Sword.''

'' But he refuses to speak to anyone....'' Alec's tone showed his fury at Jonathan ''Except Kate and Clary.'' The adoptive sisters shared a look, none of them liking the idea of being anywhere near Jonathan any more than Alec and Jace.

''Let us in.'' Katherine said and Alec shook his head, his already stiffened muscles stiffened even more at her words '' No.'' Jace had the same look of panic as he looked at Clary '' Clary if you get any closer to him you're only gonna strengthen his power over you.''

Katherine didn't pay attention to the rest of the words that were exchanged between her twin and Clary as she noticed the fear in Alec's eyes and caressed his cheek, causing him to close his eyes at the touch ''I'll be fine, Alec.'' he nodded and connected their foreheads.

 She smiled and   saw the love he had for her shining brightly in those hazel eyes. ''Kate, you coming?'' Clary's voice snapped the two out of their moment ''Yeah.'' Katherine replied and Alec pressed a quick kiss to her lips ''I'll be right here.''

''Be careful.'' Jace told his twin as Katherine followed Clary into  the cell. She looked at Alec who was already looking at her  as a guard ungagged Jonathan. The Fairchild gently nudged Katherine and she turned around to see Jonathan looking between the two who simply glared at him.

''Don't worry.'' he spoke with a soft voice ''I won't bite.'' 

''We don't have the time for your stupid comments.'' Katherine hissed out ''Where is the Morning Star Sword?'' Clary added and Jonathan smiled a smile that managed to sent chills down the Herondale's spine. ''I missed you too.'' he said.

''We didn't.'' the older girl snapped ''Where.Is.The.Sword?'' she repeated Clary's  question ''We know it's capable of opening a rift into Edom, is that what you wanted? To release demons?'' Clary asked him. ''It's a Morgenstern family heirloom.'' Jonathan replied ''It belongs in the hands of it's rightful owners.Us.''

He looked at Katherine who was glaring daggers at him '' And as much as I consider you family , you aren't blood. I'm sorry Kate, but I'll only talk about this part to Clary.'' She scoffed at him '' I don't take orders from you.'' she took a step forward, her hands clenched into wrists when Clary grabbed her arm.

 ''It's okay, he can't harm me.''

Katherine looked at her adoptive sister and sighed ''It'd be in your best interest not to.'' she warned Jonathan who blinked at her, hurt at her words  ''I would never harm her or you.'' she rolled her eyes ''Right.'' 

Katherine opened the door of the cell and Alec released his breath when she stood next to him, he took her hand in his own as the couple and Jace continued to look through the glass window at the Morgenstern siblings as Jonathan told Clary about his time in Edom.

''Does he expect her to pity him?'' 

Katherine scoffed ''He wants her to understand him.'' Jace corrected his twin ''That's why he's giving her his back story.'' She sighed and Alec tightened his hand around her's ''Clary will be fine.'' he assured ''I hope so.'' Katherine shuffled closer to him and he wrapped his arm around her waist.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Izzy had called Alec and he and Katherine had left the sub cell and walked towards the armory  ''What was so urgent?'' Alec asked his sister ''I am very bu-'' Simon got up from his chair and the Herondale's eyes widened in surprise upon seeing him ''Whoa. Where did you pop up from?''