Fifty One

Please check out my baby's UjuritaElliana new book, knowing Meera. You'll love it.    

                              ~Uthman~

And once again, our house became lively like it once was.

It became loud like it was once was. It was impossible for it not to be loud considering my sister's chatter every now and then. The girl keeps talking. Over the last two weeks, she had filed me up with every single details of what I missed when they were not in the house.

'And do you know the most important thing you missed?'

She asked me one evening. We were both in the varender. I was reading my chemistry textbook because our Neco already started and I had Chemistry in two days time.

The Almighty Chemistry.

'What's that?'

I asked her, not looking up from the textbook.

'I got a boyfriend.'

Ehn?

I closed the textbook and looked at her. She was looking at the book in front of her. Then she looked and giggled.

'What did you say?'

'I now have a boyfriend.'

She replied again, in all sincerity. Then she giggled again and blushed.

Aah. Modaran. I'm in trouble.

She did not wait for me to ask her anything before she started talking.

'He's the new boy in my class. He's really cute and I immediately started crushing on him but we did not talk until one day when I was crying in the class because I missed you too much, he came over, patted my back and told me not to cry again. We started dating the next day.'

I opened my mouth and closed it again.

What?

'What do you know about dating?'

She hissed and raised her eyebrows.

'What do you take me for? Well, if you don't know because me, I know. It's when you and the person of the opposite sex are together and you do things like holding hands, kissing and the other things.'

I sat up.

Other things? Other things? Modaran. Wahala de oo. This girl has watched many things on TV oo.

'Other things? What other things? Wait, how old are you again? What class are you self.'

She rolled her eyes.

'What has age and class has to do with matters of heart?'

Matters of the heart? It is finished!!

'Anyway, his name is Jamal and he's very fine, he so cute.....'

Then she stared at my face intently.

'..... He's finer than you self.'

Aah!

'I'll introduce you to him on our End of the year party.'

I just stared at her, not saying anything. Then she stood up and walked to where I was. She put her mouth to my ears.

'We've held hands countless times and we kissed too.'