11. CHOCOLATE

| CHAPTER ELEVEN |

CHOCOLATE.

WHEN THE BLACK HAIRED GIRL finally entered the Shrieking Shack, she let her eyes wander around the messy room. The only light in it was from the fireplace, one that brought a comforting warmth to the cold looking room. Walls were scratched, so were the floorboards. There was one bed in the corner, the mattress was ripped but it didn't seem like Remus cared as he was spread across it, his eyes fully shut.

There was one small window at the very top of wall opposite Remus. Right underneath it three boys slept, all of them lying on each others shoulders, their eyes closed, knees tucked up to their chests and soft snores leaving their slightly parted lips. 

Luckily, none of the boys looked too injured. Cassiopeia spotted a fresh cut doing down Remus' arm but it didn't look deep and she couldn't spot anything on the others. As quietly as she could, she opened her bag and took out two blankets. 

Strolling over to the huddled trio, she cursed softly when one of the floorboards let out a creak. Stopping in her tracks, her wide eyes glanced between the three boys, sighing in relief when she didn't see any of them waking up. Taking a few more steps over to them, she gently placed both blankets around the trio before softly walking away. 

When she turned around, ready to head over to Remus' side of the room, she noticed his tired eyes looking up at her. An exhausted smile graced his features when their eyes finally met.

"Did I wake up?" The black haired girl asked nervously, she grabbed the last blanket from her bag and began making her way over to the scarred boy.

Remus shook his head ever so slightly, "Nah, I couldn't sleep," He told her, "Thank you," He added when she placed the fluffiest blanket over him, "I told you to come the day after," The scarred boy said, a small smile appearing on his lips as his glazed over eyes watched her.

Cassiopeia shrugged, "It's almost the next day," She told him, biting her lip to prevent herself from grinning, "I also brought chocolate," She added, reaching into her bag to show him the two bars. 

Remus eyes lit up as he let out a soft chuckle, the sound caused a warm feeling to settle in Cass' stomach, "What would I do without you, eh?" He asked as he finally sat up, groaning in pain slightly.

Cassiopeia suddenly looked alarmed. Without a second thought she fell down to her knees right besides him, "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

Remus shook his head. His heart fluttered at the concern that was washed over the black haired girl's face. His cheeks felt flushed as the shook his head, "No, no I'm not," He told her truthfully.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"If I find out you're lying, you're gonna be in trouble," Cassiopeia said with an amused grin as she pointed to him, "Here," She passed him the chocolate as she sat down next to the bed.

"What are you doing?" He questioned, glancing up from the food.

"Oh, do you want me to leave?" She asked nervously, her heart breaking as she said those words, "I'm sorry---"

"No, no, no," Remus interrupted her, shaking his head furiously; ignoring the pounding sensation that surged through it, "Don't be sorry and I really don't want you to leave," He suddenly moved slightly to the left and patted the empty spot next to him, "Come, sit here with me."

Cassiopeia looked hesitant at first, but the look on Remus' face told her he wasn't going to take no for an answer. So, placing her bag down onto the floor and shoving her shoes off, the black haired girl climbed into the bed as Remus opened the chocolate, offering her some.

When she declined it, he simply stared at her for several moments until she finally took some, before he tucked right in. 

Cassiopeia was utterly thankful for the fact that it was so dark in the room, because that meant that Remus wasn't able to spot the light red blush that coated her cheeks as their arms would brush together every so often. Their legs almost entangled together.

It didn't take long before both of them slowly fell asleep, her head fell right onto his shoulder whilst his fell on top of hers. Their soft breathing mixed together in the air as subconsciously Cassiopeia moved closer to the scarred boy before she was safely tucked away under his arm.