07: Dark Encounter

Note to Readers:
This chapter includes sexual assault and might be too sensitive for some readers.
Chapter Rating: PG-13.

Sofia had been exploring the castle during her free time. She could attend classes if she stood in the back of the room with the other so-called claimed. The thought made her ill. Everything was too different. She had no interest in classes since she already graduated from Hogwarts in her time.

She had forgotten the time and was most likely going to miss dinner. She took a shortcut leading to another floor. She knew this shortcut, she had taken it every day to get to her own classes. The hallway lights went out leaving Sofia in darkness. What happened to the lights? She reached for her wand out of habit but remembered she didn't have one.

"Stupid Riddle." She complained.

She remembered Riddle's warning about being late and rolled her eyes. Sofia took a deep breath and felt along the walls. No point in turning back now if she wanted to return in time. She was halfway to the end of the hall when a voice cut through the darkness.

"Lumos."

Sofia spun around, "Who's there?"

"You look like you could use a light. I'm Peter."

Sofia recognized the voice. "Pettigrew?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah. You remember me?" He asked.

Peter rushed along the hall to catch up with her. The odd boy who kept staring at her with that weird smile. Sofia didn't need a companion but didn't want to be rude.

"Why aren't you at dinner?" Sofia asked.

"I already ate."

Sofia couldn't think of anything to talk about. If she could get out of this dark hallway, she'd feel better. The whole vibe was giving her the creeps. Peter laughed. Sofia looked at him again and he was giving her the disturbing smile.

"You're a pretty girl." He said.

Get lost. She wanted to shout. She quickened her pace and he matched to keep up.

"Too bad your already claimed. If you belonged to me, things would be different." He said.

Sofia came to a stop. "I don't belong to anyone!"

Pettigrew moved in front of her.

"True, true. You seem like the independent type." Peter said. He ran an index finger down her arm with a giggle.

Sofia needed to get away from this creep. She tried to move around but he blocked her path. With every attempt, he laughed and blocked her again.

Sofia shoved him hard. "Get away from me!"

Pettigrew looked surprised and held his hands up, taking a few steps back. Sofia thought about running in the opposite direction.

As if reading her mind, Peter flicked his wand. "Nox."

Darkness enveloped the hallway. Sofia braced herself for whatever she might have to fight off. Instead, Peter cast another spell.

"Immobulus."

Peter's spell hit her in the chest. The room lit up enough to see him rushing at her. He shoved her as she fell backward.

"Lumos," Peter said.

She had no choice but to watch, unable to move, unable to stop him as Peter climbed on top of her. He placed his wand on the floor beside him.

Peter took one of her arms, moving it to the side. "Look at that, I can pose you like a little doll."

Sofia's heart beat faster as a tear escaped down her cheek. Peter moved his hand under her robe and leaned in close to her face, breathing in her scent.

Peter's words tumbled out as if it might excuse what he was trying to do. "I have to do this. I have to do this. It's not even my choice you see. It was an order. I have to obey."

Order? Who would put Pettigrew up to this? The school was all purebloods, and most hated the half-bloods. It could be anyone. Her logic failed her. All she wanted to do was get away from Pettigrew. Instead, she lay there powerless.

Sofia didn't hear the spell, but Peter shot backward through the air and landed with a thud.

Tom Riddle stormed past her. Even though the room was only lit by Peter's wand, she saw the fury in his eyes. Tom Riddle cast two unspoken spells. With one flick of his wand, she could move again. With a second flick, the room was lit up and back to normal.

Sofia sat up and straightened her robe.

Tom Riddle pointed his wand at Peter Pettigrew. The boy shrank into a small ball, covering his head, and peeked out with a whimper.

Sofia had never been so glad to see Riddle in her life.

"Accio wand," Riddle said.

Peter's wand moved through the air and landed in Riddle's palm. The snap of Pettigrew's wand echoed through the hallway. Peter cringed at the sound.

"You're expelled," Riddle said.

Riddle turned and looked at Sofia. "Do you need to go to the nurse?"

Sofia shook her head. "He never got that far."

Riddle spoke down at Pettigrew's small form. "Peter Pettigrew. You will return to your room until tomorrow morning. At breakfast, I will announce your expulsion to the entire school. If I find you left your room or have spoken to anyone, I will send you to Azkaban."

Sofia wiped at her cheeks and looked at Peter. Something rose up inside her, tearing and ripping its way to the surface. She found herself creeping towards Peter, her hands curled into claws. She wanted to rip his eyes out. Before she knew it she lunged at Pettigrew with an animal sound.

"No!" Riddle called out.

Riddle grabbed Sofia from behind as she struggled to hurt Peter. He grabbed her hands, pinning them against her chest. Hot tears escaped as she collapsed to the floor and sobbed on the ground. Riddle held her as her fingernails dug into his flesh.

"Go." He ordered Peter.

Peter Pettigrew ran off down the hall and disappeared.

Riddle waited for Sofia to calm down and finally let go of her. She looked up at him and he stood there with his hands on his hips. She got back up and they stood there looking at each other for a moment.

Finally, Riddle spoke. "You're late."

Sofia blinked at him and nodded. "How did you find me?"

"Let's just say I have a way of tracking you," Riddle said.

For the first time, she didn't hate Tom Riddle.

Riddle motioned for her to follow. They were quiet as he escorted her back to her room.