𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR:WELCOME TO ALASKA

WELCOME TO ALASKA

WHEN THEY ARRIVED IN Alaska, the Denali's were already waiting outside for the two. Emma had a saddened look on her face as she exited the car. She locked eyes with Kate and immediately the blonde sped up to her with worry. Emma closed the car door and Kate hooked her arm into Emma's.

"Tell me everything." Kate stated as she lead the girl into the home. The sat down on the couch, Kate's attention solely on her best friend. Emma's eyes were glossed over as she bit her lip.

"I almost lost control." Emma whispered. "We were at school, and I was in biology class. The new girl, Isabella, she came in and stepped in front of the fan. Kate, her blood it was so delightful and smelled so inviting. I-I almost. . ."

"Hey, look at me." Kate stated. Emma did as told. "You cannot blame yourself for this. Alright? And you know what, the fact that you did control yourself shows how much restraint you truly have. Do not beat yourself up about this do you hear me? If I have to, I will personally come down to Forks and beat Isabella's ass for smelling so good." Emma smiled at that. Kate continued, trying to keep the smile on Emma's face. "You want me to? 'Cause I will. I'll show her not to tempt you like that. She'll learn real quick." Emma erupted into a fir of giggles and Kate smiled before she joined along.

"Oh please do, I will pay you." Emma smiled. Kate chuckled at the girls words.

When Kate and Emma first met, the two immediately shared a bond that no one would understand unless they had gifts like them. It was a sisterly bond that was stronger than any other bond Emma had. To everyone, Kate and Emma's friendship was simply that, a friendship. But it was a lot more complicated than that. They held a connection towards one another, not a mate bond or anything like that, but something close. Neither girl could explain it. Like a mate bond, whenever the two were in the same vicinity they were pulled to one another but for completely different reasons.

Kate and Emma loved one another so deeply and so carefully, but it was nothing more than a friendship/sisterly bond type of love. They would fight tooth and nail to protect each other like they would their mates―︎of course, Kate had yet to find her mate, but Emma had promised the girl that she would soon. The two blonde's were close, is the moral of the story. And whenever Emma came to visit, she would greet the others before taking Kate away and doing god knows what. This, of course, made Emma's mate jealous. But, Rosalie knew better. Rosalie knew that Emma would do nothing to hurt her, and she also knew that the bond Kate and Emma shared was something the latter needed.

Emma needed someone that she could count on. Someone that she could talk to about the horrors of her gifts. And Kate was that person, because Rosalie sadly had no gift―︎minus her enhance beauty―︎that she could compare to Emma's gift. Rosalie overall was thankful for Kate. The blonde goddess was glad that the Denali sister could be there for Emma.

"Come on, you should probably hunt." Kate spoke, standing up from the couch. Emma nodded in agreement before taking Kate's outstretched hand and allowing the blonde to pull her up. Edward was keeping to himself, hunting every now and then, occasionally having a conversation with Tanya before distancing himself again. Emma would be doing the same thing, but she was sure Kate would give her electroshock therapy if she even tried such a thing around her.

"I wonder if I can find a hibernating Bear." Emma mused. Kate just rolled her eyes.

"There aren't any bears in Alaska, dumbass."

"I'll find me a bison then. How 'bout that." Emma responded with a childish smile.

"You're so on."

With that the two girls ran towards the area they knew the animals would be, their little competition keeping them both amused. After an hour or so, Emma finally won. This is what they did for a week. Kate kept Emma distracted from her problems back at home. When Sunday came around, Emma and Edward stood in the living room to talk.

"You sure you're ready. We can stay longer if you need to." Edward told her. Emma smiled gratefully at him before shaking her head.

"I'll be fine. Just, try not to miss biology too much." Edward chuckled before nodding his head. The two Cullen's said their goodbyes before getting back in the car and making their way back home.

 The two Cullen's said their goodbyes before getting back in the car and making their way back home

791 words

Authors note: Emma and Kate's bond is everything.

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH