Chapter 42

Leo POV

I watched as the door closed behind Bryce.

"You are still my knights. Stand down!" King Arthur ordered while being held by the knights but they acted as if he didn't say anything.

I guess it's either they're now more loyal to Prince Bryce or they're just scared of how Bryce will punish them if they didn't follow.

Either way, we're screwed.

When everyone in the room realized this, Lady Westbrook and the Queen started crying hysterically.

A knight walked in front of me with a sword "Let's get this over with. Hold her tighter" the knight said behind his helmet.

I tried to get away but the knights were relentless. The knight pulled back his sword aiming for my head.

I was breathing faster now. This could not be the end. Alia is waiting for me.

I kicked the knight behind me and heard him groan but still didn't budge, I'm sure their hold on me would leave nasty bruises from the tightness.

I looked around and saw the others being held as well and looking terrified.

"Let me go!" I heard Carina yell as she tried to get away but they were tenacious.

I looked back in front of me and watched as the knight pull back his sword ready to decapitate me.

I closed my eyes. I'm sorry Alia. Those words were reverberating in my head with hopelessness while waiting for everything to be over.

Then I heard the sword hit the floor with a clang. I opened my eyes and saw the knight had an arrow buried in his back and lying on the floor.

Then we heard another knight fall to the ground with a clang from his armor. I looked behind the fallen knight with confusion and saw a knight behind him pointing his crossbow.

Then suddenly it's chaos. The other knights ran towards the knight who helped us and started fighting.

I took this distraction to get rid of the knights who were holding me.

I kicked the knee of the same knight I kicked before and saw him fall to the ground holding his busted knee then I kicked the other one in the chest then pulled his sword from his scabbard and buried it in the gap of his armor from his side.

I turned slightly to my right and saw someone tackle the knight that was holding the King.

So we have two knights on our side, but I'm not sure. The confusion makes me doubt who's the enemy and who's on our side because they were all wearing the same armor.

I looked at the knight with the crossbow walking towards me. I pulled out my sword just in case.

The knight removed his helmet.

I gasped "Ramona?" I said shocked.

She smiled at me "Did you really think we'd miss the party?" She said and I looked behind her to see a knight removing his helmet revealing Josh who only winked at me before tackling another knight.

I threw my hands around her for a hug "You have no idea how happy I am to see you guys" I said while hugging her.

She pushed me back "No hugging. A thank you is fine" but I hugged her tighter and she shook her head.

I moved back and looked around and saw there were a couple of knights left.

The King already got his hands on a sword and was fighting, same as Charles and his father but they were having more trouble in fighting the knights than the King.