26 - Saw-Teeth Lake Crocodile

Half an hour later, the group encounter there first target.

Beast Name : Rock Horned Beetle ♂️
Stage : Fourth Level Tier 2 Wild Beast
Progress : 3.7%
Affinity : Earth
Type : Bug
Description : A beetle with rock hard carapace. This bug could even endure physical attacks of Sevent Level Tier 2 Wild Beast.

They were meters away from the beast and the target doesn't even detect their presence. It was like a rock, dense.

"It was a early Fourth Level Tier 2 Wild Beast called Rock Horned Beetle. It has a rock hard defense with it's horns as weapon. And this beast probably weight like tons which make it's speed slow." Cole gave a brief description of the beast.

The others look at him in amazement. He could tell that just by looking at the beast?

Seeing their amazed look, a thought rise up from Cole. On Earth, those who was knowledgeable would be called a nerd and most likely to get bullied, yet here, they were someone that have to look up upon.

But what Cole doesn't know that knowledge in this world was more valuable than gold. Knowledge here means a ticket in life because if someone wasn't knowledgeable enough they'll most likely to be killed faster.

"Ben, you battle it." Cole said to Ben. Ben's face immediately pale.

"M-Me?" He spoke while he points at himself. "But you said that it was a early Fourth Level Tier 2 Wild Beast while I'm only at Peak Third Level Mana Gathering Stage. You don't think you got mismatch?" He added.

Cole look at Ben straight to the face, "I know that and I definitely don't got mismatched." He pause. "Although that beast was a Fourth Level, it was definitely slow and you won't have a problem dodging his attacks. Besides, it is a great boon when you defeat something higher than your level."

Ben look at him and saw that he was confident and not joking.

"Don't worry. We are here, your teammates, right? We'll definitely save you if something bad would happen." Ken said sincerely.

Everyone smile and Ben's worried face vanish.

"Ok." Then he got up and was walking to the Rock Horned Beetle while unsheating his sword.

"Don't attack its body as it will be hard like an armor. Attack at the joints as that is the softest spot of the beast." Cole said to Ben while the latter just nod.

When Ben near the beast, it finally felt his present. Seeing the sharp object in front of the intruder, it felt threatened and attack.

It was fast considering its size and weight but Ben was faster. When the beast was near him, Ben step to side and due to beast's lack of maneuverability, it can't change it's direction and missed Ben. When the beast past him, Ben slash the joint of the beast limbs but doesn't detached it but an obvious mark on sword was in there.

This process goes on for an hour until it's four limbs, originally six and two was severed by Ben, loss another one and turn into three. The Rock Horned Beetle lost it balance and stop moving.

Ben was gasping for air for a minute before going to the top of the beast and attack the joints between its body and head until five minutes later, the head was finally lodged off.

Ben smiled victorious at the others while they just give him a thumbs up.

The others arrived at the battle scene and Ken pat Ben's shoulder, "Good job." He said happily. "Now think of a way on how would you carry this ton like Rock Horned Beetle."

Ben's victorious face vanish and pale. When he battle the creature, he felt the ground tremble everytime it moved becuase of its weight and to think he have to carry this, he felt despair.