Prologue

There once was a lively little girl, who lived in a normal house and neighborhood. She had the most loving family, a wonderful father who was her own personal hero, a caring mother who made the best cookies on Christmas Eve, and the best brothers a child could ask for her. They would always give her the best cuddles and were protective of her. She was the princess of her family, protected by all.

Of course, this was all just a dream, and could not be further from the reality for the young child.

There was no lively little girl who could light up a room with just her smile, no normal house or neighborhood, and no loving family.

Instead, there was a young girl whose eyes were dull and emotionless. She lived in a run down house in the roughest part of her city.

There was no loving mother, father or brothers.

In their place was an alcoholic father and drug addict mother who would take any opportunity to show exactly how 'worthless' they viewed the child.

The brothers never did exist. They were just a part of the imaginary life the girl made up as an escape from her relentless parents when she realized that she would never be set free from their evil grasps.

She was doomed to eternal suffering in her eyes.

There was no way she could truly escape, because she knew what the repercussions would be if the two adults ever learned of her plan or caught her after she got away.

This is why she gave up on that dream, because that is exactly what it was.

A dream.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In another country not too far from where the little girl was suffering, was another family who was also suffering.

The once happy family had stumbled down the never ending rabbit hole of grief.

The father and mother of this family had to keep being strong for their family, no matter how badly they wanted to crumble because they had others to take care of.

Their story begins with them having five lovely boys. While the parents loved their children, they felt as though something was missing from their lives. The family was incomplete, a feeling of emptiness always lingered amongst them.

This is when they found out that they were expecting another child.

Both the mother and father were ecstatic, as they were hoping for a girl after having five boys.

Fast forward to the doctor's appointment, they found out they were having twins. They also made the decision to keep the babies' genders a secret until their birth.

Finally, after waiting eight and a half months, the babies were finally ready to come. The family rushed to the hospital, excited to meet the new additions to their large family.

After 11 hours of intense labor, two beautiful souls were brought into the world.

One boy.

One girl.

The family finally had their princess, and were happy and content with the way their life was now.

But their happiness was temporary, and they once again had been surrounded by the emptiness that could not be replaced.

In two different countries, 9 people wondered if they would ever have a happy family.

Will the twins ever be reunited again, or were their souls doomed to be incomplete forever?