13- Jealous

Kaden^^^

Ted's POV

Ted's POV

"The contest is next week, Thursday. Have you practiced?" Sam asked as we eat our lunch.

"No, not yet," I answered.

The singing contest is nearing and I haven't practiced since the auditions. All I have been doing is texting Kai every night instead of practicing. He's just so fun to talk too.

"Doesn't really matter if you practice or not. It still won't change the fact that you will win," Lai said.

"Why are y'all so sure that I will win?" I asked.

"Here we go again?" Lai said making us laugh.

I felt a pair of eyes watching me but shrugged it off. I continued to eat but the feeling of being stared at is just so unnerving. I couldn't take it anymore so I search for those eyes and found Zach's eyes staring at me.

Why is he staring at me?

He smiled at me and I smiled back. He just stared at me, smiling. It sounds creepy, because it is, but if were talking about Zach, it's a whole different story. He was about to wave a hand when someone came up to me.

"Hey Ted, do you mind if I maybe... sit with you?" Kaden asked.

"No no, go ahead," I said with a smile and continued to sit beside me.

"It would be kind of Ted if he introduced this cute, handsome boy to us, wouldn't he?" Lai said to Sam, hinting me to introduce him to them.

"Sam, Lai, this is Kaden. Kaden this is Sam and Lai. Happy?" I joked.

"Hi, I'm Layla. Lai for short. I can sing, dance, be a great girlfrie-"

"Lai!" I shouted.

"What? Just because you like him doesn't mean I cant like him," she said.

"I'm gay," Kaden said and Sam and I burst out laughing.

"Oh shut up!" Lai said embarrassed.

"But it's great to hear that Ted likes me," he said, looking at me with a smile.

Uh, I don't know about that but hey, there is a possibility that I will like you in the future.

"So, how's your day?" Kaden started.

"It's been fine," I answered.

"Anything interesting that has happened?" He asked.

That sounds familiar, to say the least. Could he be it? They have almost the same name and he asked me a question the same as what Kai asks me every day.

"Besides what happened this morning, no, nothing that interesting," I said, trying not to ask if he's the one messaging me.

"Do you wanna hang out, maybe?" He asked out of nowhere.