Knocked Out

-Haneul POV-

I punched the first person I reached. There was not an ounce of regret in me.

After seeing Yeonha on the floor, trash scattered around her, a few bruises beginning to appear on her light porcelain skin and three girls surrounding her, calling her offensive names, I could feel the anger building up inside me. In a second, Hobi was behind me holding me back like a wild animal, to make sure I wouldn't kill the two other girls. Yeonha stared at the lifeless girl on the floor in tears.

After setting myself free from Hoseok's grip, again, rushed to Yeonha. I picked trash from out of her hair and dried tears from her face with my thumb. Meanwhile, Hobi confronted the two, now scared, girls. Before we knew it, the girls rushed out of the restroom, leaving behind their other friend. Hoseok bent down to check if the girl I punched was conscious.

"Are you okay, Yeonha?!"

"I think I'm fine, thanks Haneul."

"Fuck."

"What?" I've rarely ever heard Hobi swear, something inportant must've happened.

"You knocked her out, Haneul! We're definitely getting in trouble for this."

"What the hell, I was just defending Yeonha from those rats."

"You guys should just go to class, you've done enough and I could never thank you. I'll take care of the rest."

Even after one day of knowing Yeonha, I could sense the sadness in her voice.

"You're crazy if you think we're leaving you here alone. Come on, we should be at the nurses office," Hoseok answered before I could say anything.

I helped Hobi carry the girl on his back, then proceeded to help Yeonha walk with us. Poor girl was limping and groaning in pain. I could tell she was holding her tears back. I never imagined someone so nice could get such hate for something that isn't preventable or even optional.

Once we arrived at the nurses office, a school staff was called to come question us about the situation. I didn't want to leave Yeonha alone though, so Hobi offered to go to the office with him. The nurse went to check on the random girl first, since she was in a more "critical condition," on the other side of the large office. Consequently, Yeonha and I were left alone were we couldn't be heard unless we were talking loudly.

Yeonha was already seated on what looked like a hospital bed. I asked her to sit up. She gave me a confused look before adjusting to a different position. As I mentioned earlier, I tend to be a touchy, caring person, so my first instinct was to hug her.

It took seconds for her to break and start crying. The sound of her soft sobbing broke my heart. I didn't want to make her uncomfortable with questions. This resulted in us hugging in silence for 3 minutes straight. Normally, I would've felt incredibly awkward in this position, but in this situation the only thing on my mind was comforting Yeonha.

"It's gonna be alright." I said in the softest tone possibly and rubbed her back, which I found soothing when sad.

She pulled away and stared into my eyes. What she did next was definitely not what I would've expected in that moment.