The Raid

NOTE: Special thanks to my good friend NIaid for helping and proofreading this Chapter.

Chapter 14: The Raid

Wall Rose, Location Unknown

Johan couldn't help but feel an overbearing sense of guilt dawning over him as he pulled their gang's latest victim a girl not much older than 15 out of their wagon. The girl resisted by planting her foot on the ground and refused to budge.

"Don't make this hard for both of us," he says trying to intimidate her by using his bad man tone. But instead, he got his foot stomped really hard.

"Ahhh!" he lets out a cry releasing his grip on the girl, who in the meantime tried to escape from the spot, But she was quickly intercepted by another burly gang member who subdued her and lifted her up on to his shoulders.

Meanwhile, the rest of the gang were having a hearty laugh on Johan's slipup.

"You alright?" he the Burly man asks.

"Yeah," Johan replies still massaging his toes. "Thanks, Boss Bruno."

Bruno nods and signals Johan to follow as he carries the girl to run down house deep inside the forest which acted as their main hideout. As they got inside Johan unlocks the door leading to the cellar. There were three more girls inside the room, as soon as they saw them coming in they quickly hurdled themselves into a corner. Bruno not minding them lowers the girl on to the floor.

"Now listen well," he says with a stern look on his face as he lowers himself to the girl. "If you try to escape, run, or do anything stupid I will have make you suffer worse than death and make you regret forever being born as a girl. Am I clear?"

The girl nods as tears still flow down her eyes.

Bruno undoes her gag and then unties her hands and then stands up and then leaves. Closely followed by Johan who turns back to the girls and mutters a faint I am sorry before leaving and then locks the door from outside leaving their victims in complete darkness.

He then Hands the keys to Bruno who casually shoves it into his breast pocket. While walking out of the house Johan couldn't keep himself from asking about the threat Bruno made to the girl.

"Did you really mean it?"

"What?"

"The Threat you made it to her."

"Nah!"

"Really!" Johan said surprised to hear this.

"Yeah, Boss will be really mad if he finds out his merchandise has been damaged in any way. He likes to have them in the auction in the top condition."

Johan sighs in relief before continuing

"So where do these auctions take pla.."

Bruno raises his hand and both of them stop in their tracks. He then turns towards Johan.

"Boy, it is better if you don't learn about all this. You are still new to our kind of job and I don't want to have to kill you for knowing too much of the network. Got it."

"Got it, Boss," Johan replies as he swallows a lump in fear and relents.

"Now go get us some firewood from the forest it is going to be dark soon," Bruno commands as he takes a glance at towards sky with dimming sunlight.

Johan nods and quickly fetches a nearby axe and a small bag and hurries into the forest. After a couple of minutes of searching, he was fortunate enough to find a fallen tree.