Chapter 8

"Madison, wake up," a soft voice coos. Suddenly my shoulder starts shaking.

I refuse to open my eyes because of how tired I am-thanks to Kian Lawley-so I just turn and plant my face in the pillow.

"Wake up!" He groans. Soon, a weight places itself on the curve of my back. Two hands run up all the way to my shoulders and squeeze, earning a moan from my mouth.

This motion is repeated, but his thumbs dig into my shoulders even more, releasing tension in my muscles there. Another moan escapes my mouth.

"You gonna wake up now?" He asks, running his fingers back down my bare back.

"No," I say simply.

"You've left me no choice," he says devilishly, his hands running up to my shoulders once before quickly sliding to the curve of my waist before he starts tickling me.

I start scream-giggling, not able to move much since he's sitting on me-again.

Not wanting to be tickled any more, I yell, "I'm awake!"

"Are you sure?" Kian's hands pause on my sides.

"Positive," I reply. "What time is it?"

"Seven," he informs me. He gets off of my back and I feel his weight leave the bed all together.

I roll over, pulling the covers over my body.

"Seven? Are you crazy?" I ask him, hating the early hour.

"Nope! We have a long drive today. So I woke you up early," he replies from the door to the bathroom.

"And what time are we skiing?" I ask him, annoyed with how early I'm awake.

"Like noon or something," he responds before disappearing in the bathroom.

I groan in annoyance before I roll out of bed and follow Kian into the bathroom. I plan on getting a shower now whether he is or not.

*****

"Ew it's cold," I state only half-jokingly. Kian and I walk out to out rental car, ready to hit the road to go skiing.

"Yeah, yeah," Kian replies, opening my door for me and allowing me in before he walks around the front of the car and gets in himself.

After we make it out of the incredibly long driveway, I'm finally not shivering from the frigid air just beyond the protection of the car. We start the drive.

The drive goes from me being completely bored to me intentionally trying to annoy the hell out of Kian, and it gets to the point where we're both laughing hysterically at my awful jokes.

"Okay, okay," I manage to say, laughing so hard my stomach hurts. No, I'm not laughing at my humor; I'm laughing at how stupid my jokes have become. "What's big and white and would kill you if it fell out of a tree?"

I laugh even more, waiting to tell the punch line. Kian chuckles and motions for me to go on.

I laugh, not able to push the words out of my mouth because every time I open my mouth, I laugh even harder. This causes Kian to laugh more, too.

"What is it?" Kian asks, laughing at me. Tears start to form in the corners of my eyes and I take deep breaths to calm myself down. I try as hard as I can to stop laughing. When I finally cease my laughter, I open my mouth to tell the punch line.

Sensing the laughter about to bubble out of my mouth uncontrollably again, I spit the words out quickly. "A refrigerator!"

After these words are vocalized, I die into a fit of giggles. I stabilize myself on the armrest on the door of the car and my laughter literally hurts my stomach.

Kian laughs along, but without all of my theatrics. He shakes his head at me playfully before turning the car blinker on.

"We're here, Crazy," Kian tells me, still laughing a little.

"Aw! Now I'm too tired because I've been laughing too hard!" I whine mockingly, my eyes darting from side to side to take in all of my surroundings, my laughter ceasing.

Snow covered nearly every inch of the place, giving off a very beautiful, enchanting aura. There were vacationers and tourists covering the place almost as densely as the snow did, all of them with their eyes wide as they took in their magnificent surroundings.

I stared open-mouthed at the beautiful area around us as Kian drove into the parking lot, finding one of the only available spots.

When we step out of the car, the icy air greets us. Kian comes to my side and pulls me close to him by wrapping an arm around my waist. I slide my arm behind his back and look up at him.

"How are we going to be skiing with all of these people here?" I ask Kian, worried we won't get to today. A grin appears on his face.

"Well, there is more than just one thing to do here, so maybe they're not going to ski. Plus, even if they are, less than half of them are as smart as me and scheduled their ski time. So...we have nothing to worry about. Our ski time is in exactly thirty minutes so that gives us a perfect amount of time to get prepared," Kian informs me, leaning over and kissing my forehead before taking my gloves hand in his.

Once we reach the entrance of the actual park, Kian leads me to the check-in.

Our day of fun is about to begin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MERRY CHRISTMAS ILY SO MUCH.

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH.

enjoy this little chapter! There will be some exciting events coming up pretty soon! I'm ready to write them and see your reactions so I'm eager to get them out! So stay tuned!

Comment what you expect to happen or what you want to happen in this book :) I wanna know!

Love you guys to the moon and back!

If you don't celebrate Christmas, then happy holidays for whichever holiday you celebrate!

If you want text reminders for this book, text 81010 with the message "@rightn" :) I send some small texts when I update and some other times

Love ya!

xox -Delilah