Chapter Fourteen

Chapter fourteen

The results were positive.

She was pregnant.

Even though she had her instincts, having it officially declared from the doctor had made her ecstatic. And as expected, Sahil had his cold face on even when the doctor had smiled and congratulated them about the news. It didn't affect her but the doctor was sure giving them weird looks.

As they reached home Sahil sought some work on phone and Srishti was confused as to why he wasn't leaving for his work. Only when he finished the call and turned to her, she knew something was up because he only talked to her when there was some important news.

"I've appointed a full time care taker for you, who will be here by tomorrow. She will be with you the whole day so if you need anything, tell her." He informed and she felt a little bit hurt realizing she couldn't even show her mood swings to him because he would not want her to unnecessarily bother him. 

"But what if I want to go out for walk or some yoga class? You said I can't be seen going out of this mansion then what?" She questioned because she surely couldn't sit all day at home and it wasn't healthy either. 

"That will be arranged as well. But yoga can be done at home and I'll arrange the instructor as well." He said and she looked at him with disbelief. Where was she, in a jail? 

"No! I don't want to alone in this haunting of a mansion. And if I can go for a walk then why can't I join yoga classes?" She cribbed and he paid no heed as he turned and left for his room.

Srishti huffed in annoyance and walked back to her room as he had successfully ruined her mood as well.

The next morning as mentioned the care taker was present in the mansion and to her surprise it was an aged lady around sixty years old.

"Mrs. Khanna, this is Srishti, the one you have to take care of. I hope that you won't make any mistakes or give anyone a chance to complain." Sahil warned with a stern face and the lady smiled at him.

"Don't worry dear, I will take proper care of your wife. She is in good hands." She assured and Srishti smiled at the warmth in her tone.

Finally someone she could talk to whole day!

Sahil nodded before glancing at Srishti and leaving the mansion. After he left, Mrs. Khanna walked towards Srishti and introduced herself once again.

"Hello dear, your husband isn't much of a talker I see, but let's just ignore him. I'll introduce myself again properly. I am Greta Khanna, your care taker. I know my name sounds funny but that's a story for another time. Let's not delve into that." She made a funny face and Srishti giggled already loving her.

"Mrs. Khanna I'm so glad I got to meet you." Srishti said sincerely and Greta smiled warmly.

"Oh, please call me Greta! I'm not that old because age is just a number." She winked in the end and Srishti couldn't hold in the laughter this time.

Srishti for once was so glad that Sahil had arranged this amazing of a person to take care of her. For once she didn't feel like he was a monster.

────────

For the first time Sahil Malhotra had known how it felt to be ignored because that was exactly what Aditya was doing. He had stopped visiting the Malhotra company and even ignored his calls and this caused his dearest friend to get highly frustrated.