Chapter 7: Deep In Conversation

'How about this?'

Zelkam looks him up and down, pulling a face. 'You look like a leprechaun,' he admits instantly, nose scrunched up.

Dream gasps in mock offense. 'Rude.'

'He's telling the truth,' Spifey says, sitting in between the other George and Harvey. 'Why with all the green?'

'I wanna stay on-brand.'

Dream was decked out in a deep emerald suit, black shirt and green tie. The more George looked at him, the more it reminded him of someone from the land of Oz.

Harvey takes a quick picture, laughing as he types, 'Oh my God, you look like the Onceler!'

Everyone laughs and makes comments, agreeing with the Filipino. Dream turns red as he grins dumbly, trying to defend himself futilely.

'Dream,' George says through peals of giggles, 'In the nicest way possible, you do look like a leprechaun. Or the Onceler.'

Dream pouts, defeated. 'Fine, I'll change.' He turns around and looks for another option. 'But I'm still going green!'

'You're gonna look like a vegetable!' Zelkam yells back, to which, he is greeted with profanities, causing a stern look from the sales assistant and more laughter.  

Dream was the only one left to choose an outfit for Prom. Spifey sported a plain light beige-cream suit with a silk pink tie, an outfit his Instagram had decided for him. His following on the site was large for someone his age because of his aesthetic fashion posts and photography. TapL only needed to buy a bowtie and black dresses shoes, as he had grown out of his old ones and his brother's were still to large. His parents were giving him his uncle's old suit as to save money but Harvey didn't mind because apparently it wasn't awful looking. George and Zelkam had decided to tag along, giving their brutally honest opinions.

'Do you even have a date?!' Spifey now shouts at him.

Dream calls back over to them from behind the curtain. 'No! But Fundy said he'll dance with me!'

This comment makes George roll his eyes but his face burns slightly. He wasn't embarrassed but the way his friend had said it so casually and cheerfully made his heart stutter and brain whir.

Harvey turns to the rest of the group, looking at George and Zelkam. 'Are you seriously not going to go to Prom?' Harvey asks, almost sadly.

Zelkam hums in response. 'I mean, I kinda want to go now.'

'What?' both George's exclaim. 

'Hah!' Dream's grin was evident, even from faraway. 'Now you have to come, George!'

'Seriously?' Spifey says, eyes wide like saucers.

Zelkam shrugs. 'I mean, everyone is really hyping it up. Plus, I don't really have anything better to do. If you guys are all gone, I can't even play Minecraft.'

Spifey jumps up from his seat, grinning. 'We need to get you a suit, then!' He grabs Zelkam's arm and pulls him to the back of the store. Harvey rolls his eyes.

'I can't tell if Spifey is just being himself or he actually likes Zelk.'

George stares at them as Spifey points at the many suits, his grin never ceasing. They look cozy, Spifey and Zelk arm-in-arm. Kind of cute.

'How's the sticky situation?'

George immediately snaps out of it. 'What?'

Harvey is confused at George's stricken tone. 'Y'know... the sticky notes?'