C H A P T E R 4

"What the hell

"What the hell... is that?", Taehyung said in a low voice, his lips were trembling.

Nobody moved. Seokjin could see the driver, no, that thing, staring right into his eyes. His breathing hitched, his heart starting beating faster. He looked to the side to see Namjoon and Jungkook in almost the same condition as himself.

The creature, who once used to be the bus driver, started moving slowly towards the bus, twitching its neck or whatever that was left of it. It stopped in front of the windshield and looked up with its bloodshot grey eyes, Seokjin could only thank God for the windshield.

Suddenly, the thing shrieked in a high pitched voice and started hammering hard on the glass with its broken arms, repeatedly, until the glass started cracking.

The people in the back of the bus didn't know what was going on. One of them came up to the front to see what the ruckus was about and she screamed when she saw it. Seokjin suddenly cupped her mouth in order to avoid panic, but everybody on the bus was already panicking.

"We have to do something. The glass is going to break.", Namjoon shouted at Seokjin and Seokjin was clueless.

He didn't know what to do.

All of a sudden, Seokjin felt the bus engines vibrating and he looked over to the driver's seat. The man with the purple highlights, who was already on the seat, had turned the key and started the bus. He held onto the steering wheel, tightly, and looked at Seokjin.

The creature was still beating on the glass continuously, with breaks in between in order to put its arms back in their sockets.

The thing was barely a human figure, it looked like somebody had ripped apart it's limbs and rejoined them again, with the flesh hanging out from the bones.

Seokjin nodded at the man. The man suddenly shifted the gear and stepped on the accelerator. The bus roared and tore forward, running over the thing. The bus moved up and down and Seokjin was sure that the thing had gone under the tyres.

Seokjin ran to the back of the bus to look through the rear window. He somehow managed to get there, through the hysterical crowd, to see the shocking sight. The bus was a few metres away from the crushed body now, but he clearly saw the thing standing up and slowly starting to run towards the bus.

The bus was out of control, as the man who was driving was panicking too much. Seokjin could hear faint sounds of Namjoon calling out his name and he wanted to go back to the front. He tried to move through the aisle, but the bus was swaying to the sides and Seokjin lost his balance. His fell down on the floor hitting his head hard on one of the seats.

Seokjin couldn't see or hear anything for a moment. All he could hear was a high pitched sound along with muffled voices of people screaming and shouting. He shook his head and tried to get up but somebody tripped on his legs and fell onto him. He bawled in pain and he knew that if he didn't get up, it could end up in a human pileup.

He tried to get back up again, but it seemed impossible. That's when he saw a hand stretched out to him and he took it. The hand pulled him to safety and also the person on top of him. He looked at the owner of the hand to express his gratitude and it was Yoongi.

"Yoongi? Oh... Thank you so much man....", Seokjin pulled Yoongi into a hug.

Yoongi hugged him back, even though he didn't want to.

Seokjin was out of breath, his head was hurting and his back too. Yoongi helped him get to a seat safely, without getting caught in between the agitated crowd of passengers.

He sat down and tried to calm down, he still couldn't get that scene out of his head. He suddenly turned to Yoongi who was still by his side.

"Yoongi... That thing, even after it got ran over by the bus, stood up and started running... How is it even possible?", Seokjin's face was pale and Yoongi looked confused.

"Thing... What thing? Man, I don't know what you're talking about...", said a befuddled Yoongi.

"Why is everybody panicking? What happened?", Yoongi asked him, loudly.

Seokjin suddenly realised that Yoongi hadn't witnessed any of the horrid things that had happened before. He stood up slowly and raised his head to find Namjoon near the man who was in the driver's seat, trying to calm him down. He could hear Jungkook shouting at the top of his lungs, telling people to sit down, but it looked like he didn't have it under control.

Jungkook saw Seokjin's head popping out of the crowd and came near him, pushing past all the people.

"Why'd you hurry back like that? And where's Taehyung?", Jungkook shouted at Seokjin so that he'll be audible through all the noise.

"Taehyung wasn't with me... He was in the front... with you!", Seokjin replied back the same way and Jungkook nodded his head.

"No! He followed you when you darted off to the back...", Jungkook said, as he looked for Taehyung's head among the passengers.

"Who's Taehyung?", Yoongi suddenly asked, earning a death stare from both Jungkook and Seokjin.

Jungkook quickly scurried off to the front of the bus, towards Namjoon.

Seokjin's head started hurting more now, he could feel a big bump on the side of his head. His back was in a bad condition too. However, he somehow managed to stand up and scan the entire bus, thanks to his tall body, and finally found Taehyung, struggling.

Taehyung was stuck in between two seats and it looked like he was suffocating. The panicked people were pushing in on him and nobody seemed to notice him. Seokjin couldn't move, he was in too much pain.

Seokjin called out to Jungkook as he was closer to Taehyung, but Jungkook didn't hear him. He tried calling out again and he heard Yoongi's voice calling out to Jungkook too. Jungkook finally heard them and rushed over to Taehyung to save him, but the bus stopped all of a sudden with a loud crashing sound.

Seokjin's head hit hard against the seat in front of him, again. He pressed on his head with his hand, he felt something dripping down his left eyebrow.

He took his hand off to see it covered with blood. His vision started blurring out as the noises around him started getting muffled. He slowly blacked out.

~~~

Hope you enjoyed it and thank you soooooo much for reading this. Please leave your comments (and maybe your votes too hehe), so that I can improve my work.

Next chapter on 13 July 2020, if I'm still alive.

Love,
PAPRIKA 💜

Love,PAPRIKA 💜