Chapter 45

"What are you doing, princess? No, wait. I think I know what's going on inside your head and I would like it if you could stop looking for an escape. We're on the third floor."

I turned around towards the door, Lucas the person who happily escorted me to my new room stood there with a now complicated smile.

I glowered at him. "I still haven't forgiven you."

"You know I couldn't stop his majesty yesterday. He'll certainly add more work for me if I ever tried to stop him."

". . ."

Yesterday wasn't any other day. After I was called at the office, King Edmund my so-called father had carried me to the Silver Palace, and with his impassive face, he complained that the place I was staying was so far from the Emerald Palace.

Was he planning on doing this again?!

Oh but I was wrong~ It was worst than I had thought.

I would be a fool if I thought he was suggesting. "How about you move to the Moon Palace." It was an order alright.

The Moon Palace is where the royal family actually resides, it's located just behind the Emerald Palace. The residence was still called Emerald Palace since it's a part of it, within the area.

A forced yes came out from my mouth.

Today wasn't any other day. Starting from this very moment I will be living in constant fear.

"I heard that Kook had released their new chocolate today," Lucas said as he pulls the box. "And I heard it's limited edition, about a hundred of these or so I think. Should I perhaps give it to someone else?"

That chocolate was the cause of why I almost die and why I was standing in this room in the first place. I was having this feeling that the chocolate will be the root of my future predicament.

With the thought of saving Lucas from his tragic love conquest and not because I was folded from the chocolate, I forgave the ever single Lucas Bismarck.

"Please don't look at me like that."

"Sir Lucas, what happened to the muted boy?" I asked while checking the new limited chocolate. "I heard from father that he was the one who brought you to the church."

"You should go and thank that boy also." The king said nonchalantly after I thanked him for saving me. Before I could ask where's the child now he tucked me on my bed and ordered me to sleep. "Close your eyes and sleep."

It was a weird experience. I was stiff as a rock forcing myself to sleep. The king stayed at my side staring at my face. My anxiety grew and grew by then that I already imagine different scenarios of how he'll kill me on the bed until I fell asleep and dreamed of nothing.

"Actually, his majesty and I were planning on checking the church after a woman informed us that there was some suspicious man telling a child that they were going to pray on a snowy weekday. If it wasn't for that boy who urged us it would be too late," Lucas said with a deeper voice and unsmiling face. His frustrated look was frightening.

Because of his carefree vibe it slipped from my mind that Lucas could kill me easily anytime. I better be cautious with this man. A person who always smiles was extremely scary when that smile vanishes.

Sensing my discomfort Lucas smiled again. "From what he said, he ran away from his abusive father while his mother had already passed away last year. We decided to give him to the orphanage far from the slum."

I've decided where to use the money I collected.

But alas, I was surrounded by dangerous people in a dangerous place.