Part 31

Jo

"Kingston! Lesi ! " I yelled , as I put pancakes on a plate .

"you saw that step back girl ." Kingston said as he dribbled a fake basketball around Honor .

"move bubba ." Lesi said as she mushed his head .

"morning ma." King said as he kissed my cheek .

"morning jo ." Honor said , these last years have been hard but manageable , when Lucas got arrested I was a mess but I soon got myself back together and took my kids and we moved to New York for a fresh start , I couldn't stand to be in the same state with Pryce and them the betrayed me and made it seem like I was in on their plan when I told them to not do it, yeah I should have warned Lucas but I thought they were going to call it off I trusted them . Honor and Kingston have been my rock , Kingston knows who is father is I made sure of that Lucas's mother comes to visit all the time at long as she promises to keep where we live a secret .

"Ma you coming to my game tomorrow?" Kingston asked .

"yeah of course ." I said as I sipped my coffee .

"nobody wanna see yo sorry ass play ." Honor mugged .

"girl you trippin all the girls be comin to see me play ." he said as he stuffed pancakes in his mouth .

"when I was -

"exactly when you was in high school you old ." he said and I laughed and honor playfully pushed him . There was a knock on the door and I put my coffee down .

"that must be grandma ." I said as I walked away , I opened the door and Pryce and Cortez smiled .

"nice place ." Pryce said as he walked inside .

"no get out ." I said .

"we can't do that ." Pryce said as he looked down .

"you can and you will ." Honor said .

"Honor you loo-

"save it get the hell out ." She snapped

"ma what's going on?" Kingston said .

"look we understand y'all are pissed at us ." Cortez said .

"no I don't think you do understand , what y'all did was evil and nasty , Lucas was the only thing I had close enough as a father figure in my life after my dad was murdered and y'all took it away from me . Kingston grew up not knowing how amazing his dad was leaving jo to raise us by herself you both deserve to rot in hell ." Lesi snapped and ran upstairs. I closed my eyes and sighed .

"ima go check on her ." King mumbled as he walked away and I closed the door .

"what are you doing here ?" I asked .

"we need your help ight." Pryce said and I scoffed .

"why in the hell would I help y'all ." I said .

"because Lucas is out ." Cortez said , and my mouth got dry .

"that seems like a you problem ." I said .

"it's actually a us problem especially since he thinks you were part of the plan let me guess he confessed his love then gets stabbed in the back while vulnerable." Pryce said while stepping up to me .

"do you not realize how you affected my kids lives ? they had to grow up without a father because of what power?" I said stepping up to him .

"I guess you can say that." Pryce shrugged .

"Family is power and you betrayed me and Lucas your fucking family , and now you want my help ? kill yourself ." I said , and Pryce scoffed .

"fine we'll find another way ." Pryce said and walked out the door while slamming it .

"I'm sorry Jo ." Cortez said .

"your sorry? You should be apologizing to my kids." I said .

"I never wanted to hurt you but Lucas didn't leave us a choice ." Cortez said and I shook my head . "Take care of yourself ." He whispered as he hugged me and walked out the door and I locked it and sighed .

                                              ***

Trell

"Ma!" Mel yelled as we walked in the house and I grabbed her .

"Melanie stop ." I said .

"why?! They've been lying to us for years trell !" she yelled .

"Trell? Mel? where have you been? I've been calling you ." My mama said as she walked downstairs.

"How could you?" Melanie said .

"how could I what ?" She asked .

"Mel we don't know the full story." I said .

"We met Lucas and he told us what you and dad did to him ." Mel snapped .

"you saw Lucas ?"

"yeah why would you do that to him and we have a cousin ?" she asked and my mama stood there like she'd been caught .

"ma it'a true ?" I asked

"you both must stay away from Lucas he's trying to pin you both against me and your dad ." She said .

"well it's working we've been living a lie ." I said .

"you can't keep us from him ." Mel said .

"you will stay away from Lucas it's not up for discussion both of you ." My mom snapped .

"He's our family-

before my sister could finish my mom slapped her and she held her face .

"Mel-

"let's go ." I said as I eyed our mama and pulled her close to me .

"I'm sorry you just have to do what I say it's for your protection." She said and I shook my head .

"ion even know who you is nomo ." I said and grabbed my sister and left .

***

Kingston

"So he's out ?" Lesi asked .

"From what Pryce and Cortez said yes he's out ." My mama said .

"they can't just come back into our lives like this it's not fair ." Honor said .

"the real question is do you guys want to see Lucas ?" She asked us . Yeah there are times when I wondered what it would have been like if my dad was in my life but at the same time I'm thankful that he wasn't in my life I like having a normal life I don't want to be known as the king pins son my ma have sacrificed a lot for us ion want it to be for nothing .

"Nah I'm okay ." I said and they looked at me .

"can I have some more time to think about it ?" Lesi asked .

"I don't want y'all to feel like im keeping you from him I only want the best ." She said ,

"hey y'all chill I got us we don't need Lucas or anybody else we just need each other okay ?" I said and they nodded and I wrapped my arms around them both and kissed they heads .

***

whew so Lucas caused some drama .. jo is backkk and y'all met older Lesi and Kingston what do y'all think about them ? Kingston is a loving funny individual who wants a normal life so before y'all go blaming jo it was the kid's decision not to see Lucas not her's she was only doing what they decided. 🤎 make sure uu comment and vote ! 💕