Epilogue

I have been waiting for you 
so long 
in my forever.
~ Atticus  

I smile as the warm sun hits my face and the waves crash against the shore. The smell of saltwater begins to fill my nose, and I'm transported away.

"Avril, are you going to help me or just stand there?" I hear my name being called out and look back to see Erik standing beside the bed with our bags.

"I'm sorry; I just wanted to see the beach." I laugh as I walk back into our room from the deck.

"You and the beach." Erik rolls his eyes before placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Are you ready?" I ask him, looking at him and the new neck tattoo he had done a little over a month ago.

"What, to marry you for a second time? Fuck yeah. I still can't believe Kia and Tatum talked us into this."

"I think they just wanted a reason for all of us to go to Hawaii, plus we get to meet Kia's boyfriend finally, so I'm not complaining."

Erik lays back on the king-size bed but keeps his eye contact with me, "this last year has been the busiest year of my life between you touring with your book and the European tour. I feel like I've barely seen you."

"I know, plus moving into the new house and Devon and Caroline's wedding, it has been nonstop."

"It doesn't seem like a year has passed since we got married," I comment as I sit on the edge of the bed and look over at Erik.

His black shorts and orange Hawaiian print button up open enough to see the tattoos that decorate his skin.

I had told him at the airport not to buy it and that it was ugly, but the minute I left to use the washroom, he had it on and was strutting around the airport with a smirk on his face. So eager to take photos with his adoring fans and soak in the compliments they were giving him.

They would probably tell him anything if it meant getting a photo with the dumbass.

"Do you still have that ring pop from the first time I proposed to you?" Erik lifts his head to look at me with a curious expression on his face.

"Oh, you mean the time you embarrassed me?" Erik rolls his eyes at me, but there is no look of annoyance on his face, "yes, I do."

"I can't believe you turned down my first attempt at trying to make you mine."

"One it sucked, two it was a joke and three I was not going to let you get off that easily."

"It was fucking awesome thank you very much."

"Erik!" I laugh as he reaches over and pokes me in the ribs when I roll my eyes at him, "I swear if you start tickling me, I'm running away and going to live with Kyle."

Erik raises his eyebrow at me as if he is challenging me before grabbing me around the hips and pulling me back on the bed with him.

"You asshole!" I laugh as he pins me to the bed and climbs over me with an evil look in his eyes.

A look that tells me he's not going to listen to me.

Not one bit.

"Get off. You're squishing me, you fatass." I giggle, trying to be serious with him.

What I learned from Erik during the past two years of him being in my life is that laughter is truly the best medicine.

It didn't matter how many times I had a shit day and wanted nothing more to than give up on my dream and be the housewife that so many expected out of me, but Erik was there with a laugh and speech.