Chapter 30

Steam pours through the air as I poured the cup of fresh jasmine tea. Zuko and I had developed a system where Iroh makes the tea, Zuko cleans the tables, and I just kinda help where I'm needed, which mostly is helping Zuko since Iroh has mad tea game.

I picked up the teacup and delivered it to a back table. I noticed Iroh pouring a group of men their refills of tea. Upon drinking it, the men got up and headed toward Iroh. One with long braided hair stood in front of the others,
"So you're the genius behind this incredible brew! The whole city is buzzing about you. I hope Pow pays you well."

"Good tea is it's own reward." Iroh replied.

"But it doesn't have to be the only reward. How would you like to have your own tea shop?"

"My own tea shop this is a dream come true!" Iroh beamed his eyes brimming with excitement.

Zuko and I looked at eachother for a moment. Was this guy serious?

"What's going on here? Are you trying to poach my tea maker?" Pow urged using his arms to create a wall between Iroh and the men.

"Sorry pal, but that's business for you am I right?" The man said.

"Mushi if you stay I'll.. make you assistant manager. Wait! Senior assistant manager. "

"I'll provide you with a new apartment in the upper ring, the tea shop is yours to do whatever you want. Complete creative freedom!" The man explained as Zuko and I cleaned the tables.

"I even get to name the shop?" Iroh asked.

"Of course!"

"Senior executive assistant manager!" Pow tried one last time before Iroh handed in his kettle and bowed before the man who was offering the shop.

I guess this was actually happening. Zuko passed by Iroh,
"Did you hear nephew? This man wants to give us our own tea shop in the upper ring of the city!"

"That's right young man, your life is about to change for the better!"

"I'll try to contain my joy..." Zuko muttered slamming the tray he was holding on the nearest table before existing the shop.

"And that's my job." I sighed following Zuko out.

"Okay so first off-" I began saying before I noticed a piece of paper in Zuko's hands. I froze, it depicted the Avatar's bison. I looked closer carefully reading the print.

The Avatar's bison was lost somewhere in the city. Which could only mean the Avatar was in Ba Sing Sa.

"(Y/N), this is finally my chance, our chance. If we find him-"

"-we can finally go home." I stammered cutting Zuko off. I could barely believe that this was happening.

Zuko immediately dashed to a building, climbing up til he was at the top.

I should want this, what's wrong with me? My heart felt numb, everything felt numb. The Avatar was so close, why aren't I excited? I clung a hand on my stomach, this was our chance. Why do I feel like I don't want this?

"(Y/N) aren't you coming?" Zuko shouted down at me, but something was wrong. His eyes were a haze of greed and frustration. Just like they were back on the ship. Suddenly everything flashed back, the nights in prison, the fighting, the ship, Fai, everything!

"Yes.." I muttered following Zuko up on the building.

"I-I can't see anything!" Zuko yelled looking around.

"Zuko- he'll turn up. Ba Sing Sa is only so big. We should head back to your Uncle- we have to get ready for the move and-"

"Do you not understand how important this is? Who cares about Uncle's tea shop this is the Avatar we're talking about. Nothing is more important than that. My honor is on the line."