Chapter 81 - The Inquisitorial Squad

Ever so sorry I didn't update yesterday, folks! You can have two parts today instead :)

 Al was waiting patiently in Umbridge's office for the other people to come. She should be at a DA meeting right now, not wasting time with Umbridge. It was only when one of the members came in, covering her face that Al realised what was going on. Umbridge knew about the DA. But how could she warn them in time?

 "Now you're probably wondering why you're here," Umbridge said, glancing at the group of students that was comprised mostly of Slytherins. "Marietta here has informed me that there is a secret group formed by Mr Potter meeting tonight. It will be your job to help me apprehend these individuals right now."

 Al tried a grin but none came. What happened if her friends were caught? Could they be expelled? Surely Harry would be?

 The group set off in the direction that Al knew was the correct way to the room of requirement, when something occurred to her. But she'd never tried it so far away. Except that one time last year... Harry, she thought hard, Umbridge is coming.

 I know, came the reply, sounding like an echo, Dobby told us. Al almost heaved a sigh of relief - they were going to get away, when the group turned a corner and spied a group of Ravenclaws heading down the corridor at a sprint.

 "Get them!" Umbridge shrieked.

 Thriving in the chaos that followed, Al ran in the direction of the Gryffindors, hoping to ward them off. She sprinted straight into a group of Hufflepuffs. "Go," she hissed, "Hide in the library." They nodded and scrambled off in the other direction.

 Al continued on her sprint and ploughed straight into Harry. "Al! What are you-?" But before Harry could finish, and before Al could hurry him along, Umbridge hurried around the corner.

 "Excellent work, Miss Dursley!" Umbridge said, "Fifty points to Slytherin. I'll take it from here." Al watched wordlessly as Umbridge seized Harry's arm and pulled him along the corridor. "We're going to the headmaster's office, Potter."

*****

 "Dumbledore's gone?" Al repeated numbly to Lee Jordan, who had just told her what he'd overheard in the common room last night.

 "Yep," he said, biting his lip, "Ministry tried to arrest him and he's done a runner. It's on all the notice boards - Umbridge is in charge now."

 "Bollocks," Al hissed, "Alright, well send word around that Weasley's Wizard Wheezes are still up and running and that the Quibbler's still for sale. Just...get people wreaking havoc on Umbridge."

 "Got it," Lee Jordan said, before jogging off down the corridor.

 "Stop running!" Al called as Umbridge made and appearance, "Five points from Gryffindor."

 Umbridge smiled at her as she approached. "Excellent work, Miss Dursley...I see you're making good use of your new badge." Al looked down at her chest, where her badge for the inquisitorial squad was pinned underneath her Duelling Captain badge and her Prefect badge.  Hogwarts was about to get a whole lot more difficult.

*****

 Al was really enjoying this Transfiguration lecture, when Theo nudged her and pointed at her watch. She was late for her careers meeting with Snape. She thanked him and headed slowly down to the dungeons, wanting to put it off as much as possible.

 To be honest, Al didn't have a clue what she wanted to do. She'd had a look at banking and healing, but neither of them seemed particularly exciting. Healing would involve her problem solving skills, she supposed, but it didn't sound very fun.