Chapter 55- Return

A while later (months by my guess cause who knows how much time passes in TV shows)

Kanan's pov: (wow this is new!)

Kanan sat on a crate, joined by Fenn Rau as he watched Sabine and Ezra duel with training sabers.
"She isn't listening," he said to the Mandalorian.
"You need to get her to trust you, or whoever teaches her," Rau said.
"She's just so uptight," Kanan said frustrated.
"Then maybe you should change who's teaching her," Rau said.
"What, you think Ezra should teach her?" Kanan asked.

He wasn't sure what the Mandalorian next to him was talking about, but Kanan wanted to know more.
"No, not Ezra," Rau said. "You'll need another Mandalorian."
"But what Mandalorian would know about lightsaber..." Kanan paused when the words finally registered in his brain. "(Y/n)."

"Yes, (y/n) will be able to teach Sabine," Rau said. "You must remember who was the previous owner of the Darksaber."
"Pre Vizsla," Kanan said. "(Y/n)'s father."
"(Y/n) has the most knowledge about that blade than probably anyone in the galaxy," Rau said. "If anyone could teach Sabine how to use that blade, it's that Jedi."
"But we have one problem," Kanan said. "How do we contact (y/n)?"

Rau looked down, trying to think. Kanan thought about it too. Nobody had seen the Jedi since Ahsoka had died. Rex always looked a little suspicious when the topic was brought up, but he never gave any clues about where (y/n)'s whereabouts were.

"We could ask Captain Rex," Rau suggested.
"Do you think he'd know?" Kanan asked.
"Wouldn't hurt to ask," Rau shrugged.
"I'll call him on my comlink," Kanan said getting up and walking away to talk to Rex without hearing Ezra and Sabine in the background.

Soon the hologram of Rex appeared and Kanan could feel his confusion.
"Kanan? What can I do for ya?" The clone asked.
"We need to get into contact with (y/n)," Kanan said. "I think you can help us."
"Uh I don't know how I can help," Rex said after a moment of hesitation. "I don't know where the kid is either."
"You sure about that?" Kanan asked.

Kanan felt the clone get nervous, which could only mean that he was hiding something.
"Rex I can feel how nervous you are," Kanan said. "I know you're hiding something."
"Okay look," Rex said. "I know where the kid is but I was ordered not to tell anyone."
"Well this is an emergency," Kanan said. "We need to know."

Rex groaned in frustration before giving a sigh of defeat.
"Fine," he said. "I'm not going to tell you where the kid is, but I'll call (y/n) for you."
"How?" Kanan asked. Every time they tried, the transmission would get jammed.
"Lets just say that (y/n) gave me a direct comm channel right before leaving," Rex said. "I was told to only use it during emergencies, I guess this counts."
"Thank you Rex," Kanan said. "Tell (y/n) to come to these coordinates immediately."
"Will do," Rex said, and he was gone.

Kanan looked over in the direction of Ezra and Sabine, once more before he joined Fenn Rau as they watched.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your pov:

You and Obi-Wan sat around the fire as the sky turned dark. You were tired after a long day of walking through the desert. You were drifting off the sleep when a rapid beeping sound started from your bag.

"What is that?" Obi-Wan asked groggily.
"Not sure," you said.
You got up and walked over to your bag and took out the small object that was making all the noise.
"My comlink?"

Obi-Wan walked over to where you were crouched over your bag and looked at the comlink in your hand.
"You still have that?" He asked.
"Yeah, it's supposed to be for emergencies only," you said confused.
"Well you might as well answer it," Obi-Wan said walking away. "Just don't show that I'm here."
"Okay," you said facing away from your Master and accepting the transmission.