Chapter 7

Ashiya's PoV:

I was sitting in my room texting my friends as had planned a reunion of our batch which was going to take place the next day. Everyone seemed excited and I was no exception. It had been long since I had seen them all. There was no way I was gonna miss this.

Sam: okay, so tomorrow at 6 pm.

Lucky: done

Adi: done

Shifa: k done

Faiz: yeah girls don't get late

Shifa: whatever

Me: don't worry we'll be on time

Sam: good

We chatted for few more minutes until I heard the call for Isha prayer and hurried towards the washroom to get my wudu done.

After I was finished with my salah, I went to the hall and saw Khala and Ahan sitting. Both of them were sipping on their tea.

"Khala," I said as I sat next to her.

"Yeah baby," she replied.

"There's a reunion happening tomorrow where all my friends are gonna go. Can I go too?" I asked with hope. I knew she wouldn't deny me.

"No," Ahan said before Khala could reply.

"What? Why?" I asked loudly. What is wrong with him?

"Because it's not safe," he said without even looking at me.

"And who are you to decide that?" I retorted with my arms folded over my chest. Nope, there's in no way I'm gonna listen to this arrogant man.
He shot his head at my direction, looking pissed.

"Do not argue," he said glaring at me, "I said no and that's final."

"Khala!!" I said turning to her, "this is not fair! And it's not the first time that I'll be going out with them. It's safe, I know."

"What you used to do at your home is none of our concern but as long as you're here, you are not allowed to go out alone, especially when Khala has given your responsibility to us," he spoke in his annoying voice. I looked at Khala with pleading eyes.

"Ahan is right bete," Khala said, "your mother won't be happy if she gets to know that we've let you go out alone in the city."

"But Khala..." I tried to reason but got cut off.

"No more discussion on this topic," he said in an arrogant manner, "Mom, please get the dinner ready."

Khala gave me an apologetic look before getting up and proceeding towards the kitchen.

I turned to him and shot him the deadliest glare. He in turn, just stared ahead, ignoring me. With my head ready to burst in anger, I walked away from him furiously and barged inside my room.
.

.

.

.

Ahan's PoV:

I know I was rude but she needs to know that we cannot let her roam around in the city. She's our responsibility right now and I can't disappoint Khala by letting her only daughter go out alone in her absence. It would be too irresponsible and ignorant of us.

At the dinner table, she was sitting quietly, not eating anything. Mom tried to convince her to eat and succeeded but she still seemed angry. Such a baby! I rolled my eyes.

"I have to go out of the city tomorrow, so I'll leave after Fajr," I said to Mom.

"What for?" She asked.

"Work issue," I replied and she nodded. I finished my dinner and glanced at the sulking lady before making my way towards my room.

..................................................................

Please vote and comment.