Chapter 24

Here We Go Again

Eren opens his eyes. He stares up at the ceiling feeling light-headed. He had fought Annie, but strangely he thought that he saw (Y/n) after the fight. It's probably because Stohess was where she lived, he thinks to himself. He sits up, scanning the room. Mikasa was sitting down on a bench, sleeping.

Eren softly smiles at her and picks up the scarf she had dropped on the floor. He wraps it around her neck causing her to wake up. Mikasa stares at him, "Eren? How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling okay, a little bit dizzy" Eren admits as he rubs his head that was wrapped in a bandage, "I had the weirdest where I met (Y/n)."

"Because you did?" (Y/n) says from the corner of the room. Her arms crossed over her chest while her body leans onto the wall. Her signature smirk on her face. Eren squints at her. He takes a deep breath and turns to Mikasa.

"I think we should alert the Military Police that they have a ghost infestation," Eren says with a serious tone and sits down on the bed.

"Eren! I'm real" (Y/n) grumbles as she makes her way to them. 

"Mikasa, I think I hit my head too hard" Eren cringes and rubs at his temples. (Y/n) softly smiles down at him as she sits next to him. She grabs onto his hand, bringing it up to her face. She lets his hand cup her cheek. His thumb traces of her soft skin.

"I'll explain everything when we get on the road" (Y/n) says. Eren squishes her cheek, pulling at it. He brings his other hand to her cheek and starts pulling at it too, "E-Eren!"

"Sorry, I'm just making sure" Eren apologizes and brings his hands down, "I'm not feeling very well right now, but you bet your ass I'm going to torment you."

"You'll have to get in line, Levi already made reservations to do it first," (Y/n) jokes. The door slams open revealing a horrified Armin.

"Titans have breached Wall Rose!" Armin yells at them. (Y/n)'s hands ball into fists as she remembers that Ymir was left defenceless in Wall Rose.

(Y/n) was saddling Bolt when Hanji walks into the stables. She gives (Y/n) a fist bump as she passes by. They both quietly do their own things. Hanji glances at the gloomy girl, wondering why she was in such a foul mood, "Keep sulking and your face will get stuck like that."

"Keep threatening priests and you'll go to jail for attempted murder" (Y/n) retorts letting a smile pass through her lips. Being around the titan crazed woman made her feel better. Hanji's crazy personality was deemed by many to be over the top, but for (Y/n) it was just right. 

"Did shorty say something mean to you? Like oi brat, you smell like shit" Hanji mocks his voice causing (Y/n) to start laughing. Hanji smiles at the girl, happy to know that she got her to laugh. (Y/n) grins at her friend.

"Do you think he was mean to a witch and she cursed him with short height?" (Y/n) jokes as she wiggles her fingers in a spooky way. Hanji laughs and wipes away a tear.

"Maybe he got tricked into eating a cupcake that had a height shortening potion" Hanji jokes back. They try to stifle their laughter at the thought of a tall Levi eating a cupcake and his body decreasing in size. Soon their laughter erupts through the stables catching the attention of the soldiers standing outside. 

Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and Jean pop their heads into the stables. They see the two women laugh at each other. Hanji brings her hand up to her mouth as if she was biting into something. (Y/n) pops up from behind her, wiggling her fingers over Hanji like she was placing a curse. Hanji brings her hands to her face in shock and starts lowering her body to mimic Levi's height.