40. everything about you

s3e14: dangerous liaisons

also hi i feel like this chapter could be potentially triggering to someone with an eating disorder so if you do PLEASE skip this chapter.

Elijah and Brynley sat in the kitchen of the Mikaelson compound, Brynley having a waffle with a side of fruit while Elijah drank a blood bag.

"Have you thought about what kind of dress you want for tonight?" Elijah asked.

"No," Brynley shook her head. "No idea. I've never been to a party this....big."

"Rebekah will gladly help you." Elijah promised and Brynley nodded. "Bryn, don't worry about the money, please."

"Okay." Brynley agreed.

"Brynley, they're here to fit us for our dresses." Rebekah smiled as she ran into the kitchen. "Lijah, the suit tailor is already here."

"I'll be there in a minute." Elijah said and Brynley stood up, kissed Elijah's cheek, and walked out of the room with Rebekah. In the living room stood multiple seamstresses and tailors, and Finn and Kol, who were trying on suits.

"Hi, I'm Jade." The seamstress introduced herself.

"I'm Rebekah and this is Brynley." Rebekah said and Brynley smiled at the girl.

"It's nice to meet you both, who's going first?" Jade questioned.

"Rebekah." Brynley answered immediately and then whispered to the blonde original. "I've never done this before."

"You've never been fitted for a dress?" Rebekah whispered.

"Everything I own is off the rack, I buy from stores." Brynley replied.

"Oh darling, this family is going to be a big change for you." Rebekah grinned and stepped onto the platform that Jade brought.

"Here, you can start looking through the designs we have, let me know if you see anything you like." Jade handed Brynley a book as Elijah walked into the room.

"Hello." Elijah sat down next to Brynley, the fairy smiling at him. Brynley hesitantly opened the book Jade gave her and started looking through dresses. For every pretty dress she saw, there was a huge pricetag to go with it.

"Oh my god." Brynley gasped quietly as she looked at the prices of the dresses.

"Relax." Elijah whispered. "Do you see anything you like?"

"Yeah," Brynley nodded, her blue eyes looking down at a pink dress. "But-"

"Brynley, your turn." Rebekah called and Brynley looked up at the blonde. Brynley stood up and walked into the platform. She watched as Jade wrapped a measuring tape around her waist, and everything Brynley's been fighting for the past couple months came flooding back. Insecurities.

"I shouldn't have eaten so much this morning, now I'm bloated." Brynley thought to herself and looked in the mirror as Jade measured her. "My waist used to be smaller."

A frown appeared on Brynley's face as she stared at her body in the mirror. Elijah observed her, noticing what was happening.

"God, why did I eat that waffle?" Brynley continued to think to herself. "I should've just drank water."

"Alright! I have both of your measurements, just point to me what dresses you want and we'll have them ready by tonight. Probably earlier so we can do adjustments if needed." Jade smiled and Brynley stepped down from the platform. Rebekah pointed around a tight green dress and Brynley pointed to the pink dress she was looking at before. "Okay, I'll be back soon."

Jade left the room and Rebekah began to get her nails done. Brynley told Rebekah to just call her when it was her turn and walked to her and Elijah's room. She walked into the bathroom and locked the door before she took off her shirt, just leaving her in her jeans and sports bra. Bryn let out a sigh as she looked in the mirror.

Her mind flashed back to how she looked a couple months ago, before Elijah came around. Her waist was definitely smaller but her skin is a lot better now. She knew she looked a lot healthier now, but she used to be a lot smaller.

"God, I can't do this anymore, I thought I was past this." Brynley whispered to herself, tears brimming her eyes slightly. She thought of two summers ago, when she would occasionally make herself throw up when she thought she ate too much. She quickly stopped after though, a part of her managed to convince herself that it would be too unhealthy and someone would notice. She winced slightly, apart of her knowing she couldn't do that right now because of the fact she was in a house full of vampires. "Stop, stop thinking like that."

"Brynley?" The girl heard Elijah's voice from outside the door. "Bryn, sweetheart, are you alright?"

"I-I'm fine." Brynley answered hesitantly, quickly slipping her shirt back on.

"Brynley, let me in, please." Elijah begged and Brynley opened the door after she looked in the mirror and made sure she looked like she hadn't been crying.

"I'm fine." Brynley shrugged and tried to walk past Elijah, but he caught her wrist.

"I've seen your whole life in my dreams, I can tell when you're upset." Elijah reminded in a whispered and Brynley looked down.

"I'm not upset," Brynley mumbled and rolled her eyes at herself. "I'm just insecure, god, I hate that word."

"I know," Elijah wrapped his arms around her, the couple facing the mirror. "Please, don't be. Look at you, you're stunning. The way your nose scrunches up when you laugh, when your eyes sparkle in light, your adorable dimples when you smile. I think everything about you is perfect."

"Thank you." Brynley whispered and kissed the original's lips. She was about to say three little words, because it felt like the right time, but she quickly stopped herself before she could.

a/n: #brynlijah 💘