05

chapter five — "don't talk about her like that ever again"

the next day came. dahye shut her car door as it drives away, she walks into her school when an arm wrapped around her shoulders. she looked to her right and saw eunji.
"just the two of us today, jaeyu and gahyun didn't bother to go to school"
eunji told dahye.
"for real?"
dahye laughed.
"yeah, they both didn't do the three pages math homework and you know how the teacher is"
eunji continued.
"speaking of that, did you do it?"
"of course, guessed some though. i don't want the teacher scolding me"
she shrugged.

they walked into their class but was stopped by jeno throwing someone on the chalkboard.
"don't talk about her like that ever again!"
jeno growled and gave one last punch, which led the boy's nose to start bleeding, and walked away.
"this happens everyday, i'm not even surprised anymore"
eunji shrugged and walked to her seat, dahye following behind her.

all dahye could think about the entire history class was,

"who was defending when he fought that guy? what's his name? oh, hyunjin. why was jeno so mad at hyunjin?"

"hello? earth to dahye?"
dahye saw a hand wave in front of her head as she snapped out of her thoughts.
"sorry, i spaced out"
dahye replied.
"what were you thinking about? i've been calling you for about a minute"
eunji asked curiously.
"just thinking about what i'm gonna eat for lunch"
dahye lied and eunji nodded with a laugh before going back to listening to the teacher.

it was about thirty minutes until the class ends when jeno bursts through the door from the principal's office.
"hyunjin, you need to go to the principal's office"
jeno harshly mumbled while hyunjin stood up and left, bumping his shoulder on jeno's purposely. hyunjin eventually came back after a few minutes and said,
"dahye, the principal called you"

dahye who was in her own thoughts looked at eunji who gave her a confused look.
"why?"
she asked but hyunjin ignored her.
dahye exited the classroom and walked towards the principal's office which was in the fourth floor. she knocked on the door and a voice spoke,
"come in"
dahye took a deep breath, hoping she isn't in trouble, and opened the door.