Chapter 90: Addressing Intimately

That manservant was panting as he ran in as he stammered, "Lord uncle, the entrance... There is a noble guest visiting the residence..."

The uncle was obviously unhappy as he was interrupted. "Hurry up and speak! What kind of noble guest will visit our run-down general's residence?"

"It's... it's His Highness, the Second Prince." That manservant finally gathered his breath and stammered slightly.

When the uncle heard that the Second Prince was visiting, his expression immediately changed. "Hurry up and invite him in! What are you idling around for?!"

When Bai Luochu's cousin heard about Pei Qingfeng's arrival, she immediately asked her mother to check if her makeup and hairdo was good enough. After all, Pei Qingfeng's amazing appearance was obvious to everyone in the capital. He might be crippled, but he was still a dream partner for many young ladies.

While all of her other family members were thinking of how to curry favor with the Second Prince or how to enter the Second Prince's eyes, Bai Luochu was filled with suspicion. Why in the world was Pei Qingfeng visiting the general's residence?

In Bai Luochu's eyes, Pei Qingfeng might be easy going, but he was a proud and aloof individual. He seemed as though he didn't want to be involved in anything. However, she didn't know what he was doing. If he was here for her, his information network was pretty good.

At this moment, the manservant ran all the way back to the entrance and said, "I have made Your Highness wait. Our master has just returned today and is currently engaged in a welcoming feast in the main hall. Your Highness came at the right time. If Your Highness doesn't mind, Your Highness may also join in the feast."

"I have troubled this brother. Here is some reward." As soon as Pei Qingfeng responded, the personal guard behind him took out a few pieces of silver fragments and handed it to the manservant.

When this manservant saw that a simple errand had earned him more money than his monthly salary, a wide grin appeared on his face.

Pei Qingfeng didn't care what kind of response this manservant gave him. After all, he never bothered about ants.

When Pei Qingfeng was about to arrive at the main hall, a figure flashed in front of him. This person was none other than Bai Luochu's uncle.

"Oh my, the Second Prince has arrived at our humble abode. Your presence brings light to my general's residence. I have heard of the Second Prince's heavenly look and now that I am looking at you up close, it is truly as what the others say. This commoner pays his respects."

The uncle rushed over and instantly showered Pei Qingfeng with praises. There was a flattering expression plastered on his face.

Following closely behind was Bai Luochu's lovestruck cousin sister. She was a woman who didn't possess extraordinary charm. She used a coquettish voice to speak to Pei Qingfeng, "This commoner lady pays her respects to Your Second Highness. Your Second Highness is truly exceptional and has extraordinary bearing."

When Bai Luochu heard the voice, she nearly vomited. She didn't wish to admit that these people were related to her. They were really embarrassing...

Just as Bai Luochu was feeling disgusted, the uncle spoke again.

"Lowly lass, don't you know that you should pay your respects when seeing the Second Prince?! Did the dogs eat up everything I taught you?" Her uncle snapped at her.

Pei Qingfeng was already feeling extremely uncomfortable when they showered him with praises. When he saw how the old b*stard spoke to Bai Luochu, he almost choked them all to death. However, he thought about how Bai Luochu wanted to do it herself and he restrained himself from stealing her job.

When the uncle turned around to face Pei Qingfeng, his expression changed once again. "Your Highness, please forgive her. This child lost her parents at a young age and is lacking in discipline. She doesn't know anything about etiquette. Please do not take offence."

Pei Qingfeng suppressed his temptation to kill this family with great difficulty. However, when he thought about his plan, a brilliant smile appeared on his face. It was as though something amazing happened.

When Bai Luochu's cousin saw Pei Qingfeng's expression, she thought that Pei Qingfeng was enchanted by her. Her eyes were stuck onto Pei Qingfeng and she didn't move her gaze at all. If no one was around right now, she might have already thrown herself at him.

It was too bad for her as Pei Qingfeng's words were like a bucket of cold water thrown directly at her.

"Luoluo, are you still mad at me?" Pei Qingfeng spoke and indicated for his personal guard to push him to Bai Luochu's side.

When Bai Luochu heard what Pei Qingfeng said, she nearly choked to death. Luoluo? How could he even say something like this? She felt disgusted just thinking about how he addressed her. Pei Qingfeng was truly a ruthless person.

"Cough cough... Cough cough..." Bai Luochu choked on her tea and couldn't stop coughing.

When Pei Qingfeng looked at her, he immediately went over and asked with concern, "Luoluo, are you okay?" As he asked, he used a hand to pat on Bai Luochu's back.

When Bai Luochu stopped coughing, he playfully rebuked her, "I already told you not to panic! Look, you're choking on your tea now..." Pei Qingfeng even pointed at Bai Luochu's forehead as he finished his statement.

To bystanders, the interaction between Pei Qingfeng and Bai Luochu was just like how a flirtatious couple would behave. Only Bai Luochu knew that Pei Qingfeng had a hidden agenda for appearing in the general's residence.

Bai Luochu felt goosebumps appear all over her body.

The uncle and his family stood there and stared at the both of them blankly. The situation turned south before they could even react. Shouldn't the Second Prince be infuriated and punishing this lowly lass? Right now, they were acting all intimate. It seemed as though they were not needed here at all.

"Don't just stand there, hurry up and take a seat. Isn't this welcome feast meant for you?" Pei Qingfeng called out to them and acted as though he was the owner of the general's residence.

When Bai Luochu's uncle and his family heard the orders from the Second Prince, they nodded with bitter smiles and sat down. They were no longer rude to Bai Luochu as the Second Prince was obviously on her side. If they tried to punish her now, it would be offending the Second Prince. Unless they were insane, there was no way they would do something like that.

In the end, the meal wasn't a good one. When Pei Qingfeng saw Bai Luochu's eyes on any of the dishes, he would immediately ask the guard to bring that dish to Bai Luochu. Only after placing the best part of the dish in her bowl would he order the guard to place it back.

As a result, her uncle and his family had been eating all the leftovers from the dishes and the only meat they had were the fish belly and chicken ribs that Bai Luochu didn't like. All of them were bitter in their heart but they couldn't express their dissatisfaction due to the identity of the prince. All of them held the grudge against Bai Luochu in their heart.

After finishing the meal, Pei Qingfeng used an excuse to pull Bai Luochu away into the reception pavilion.