thirty nine

Potions Classroom

Snape whipped out his wand and waved it towards the door again. The door slammed shut and locked itself.

"What happened?", Snape demanded for the situation rather than asking.

Blaise looked back at Pansy to help him out.

Pansy stammered, "Well... Draco had a shock and subconsciously blocked his memories of the entire week before he went into coma."

"Shock? That 'shock' must have been rather traumatizing, then.", Snape shot back, obviously skeptical. "I may be able to access his memories to make him remember."

"Uhhhh you will access his memories?", Pansy asked nervously to confirm.

"Yes. Is there a problem?"

A million thoughts ran through her mind. Mainly 'oh shit' repeatedly.

"No problem, no problem at all!", Ron laughed awkwardly as he pulled Pansy and Blaise while walking backwards.

"Hold on.", Snape commanded. "Are you hiding anything from me?"

"Haha... ha.. Of course not, Professor Snape!", Ron tried to smile naturally.

"Let's go now, then.", Snape said.

"Oka- Now?", Ron asked.

Snape nodded.

The collective thoughts of Ron and Blaise was the same as Pansy.

Oh shit.

Hospital Wing

"Why the hell did you tell him that?", Pansy whisper-scolded Blaise as she punched him on his upper arm.

The three of them were standing behind Snape, Blaise standing between Ron and Pansy. Draco was currently sleeping peacefully, Snape did not and was not planning to wake him up.

"The mind is more vulnerable while asleep.", Snape explained as he casted a relaxation spell on Draco.

He took a few steps backwards and lifted his arm to point his wand and Draco, "Legilimens."

Draco's face started contorting, his mind resisting against Snape's Legilimency. Every second seemed like Draco was in pain as tears rolled down his face and he started sobbing.

His body tensed up, face became red and he was shaking uncontrollably.

Snape dropped his arm.

"Did Draco get his memories back?", Pansy was the first to speak up.

Snape turned around, the three could see a few beads of sweat clinging onto his forehead. "His mind rejected me.", Snape said, "What exactly happened that resulted in this?"

"Professor Snape..?", a voice called out.

Snape turned behind to the source of the voice, Draco was awake.

"Why are you here?", he blinked a few times.

"Draco.", Snape quickly kept his wand. "When did you learn Occlumency?"

Draco looked away, "It.. It was when you... Killed Headmaster Dumbledore. I saw his eyes.". Draco paused. "They were relieved, there wasn't a single sign of betrayal, regret or shock."

Pansy and Blaise were shocked, it was the first time knowing that Snape killed Dumbledore, and Snape wasn't denying it.

Ron wasn't shocked, but he didn't like being reminded of the death of Dumbledore.

"I put two and two together. I figured that you were a informant for Headmaster Dumbledore and everything made sense. After looking through the books in school, and found this spell called Occlumency. Sort of guessed that you used that to prevent Voldemort from reading your mind."