XXV

"Calm down, Az." I sat quietly on the sofa bouncing one leg every second. Vince sat in the coffee table staring at me with deep concern.

"I am calm." I said, waving him off. It wasn't like my sister decided to appear threatening to steal my boyfriend. "Just a little, intimidated." The admittance was difficult to say. I heard a sigh come from him and I pursed my lips, dropping my gaze to the floor.

"I don't want anything to do with her. I promise, I was just sitting with her wondering why the hell she was back."
My eyes snapped back up to him and for the first time he, seemed a little startled.

"I'm not worried about you." I mumbled. "It's myself, I want something to do with her. I want everything to do with her, and I hate that fact." I frowned. "Ever since I was little I lived up under my sister's arm. She was there for me no matter what and I would always have a shoulder to cry on." I took a deep intake of breath, then let it out slowly. "Until her late teens she became, bitter and distant, until one day she just left. No clue why." I fell back into the cushions as my mind tore through the encounter for the hundredth time.

"To see how much I resemble her now, kind of tears me apart. Like at any moment I could flip a switch and become like her. But then again that's what I wanted since I was a kid, to be just like my big sister." A lone tear ran down my face, I wiped it off flicking the salty water elsewhere. I felt a dip on the left side of me as Vince sat himself next to me. He leaned in wrapping his right arm around my shoulders, playing with my hair.

"I can tell you right now, you do look a lot like her. But you are nothing like her inside. You are you, fiery, kind of weird you." I let out a small chuckle and rolled my eyes.

"Oh don't go all sentimental on me. You're supposed to be the cold hearted ceo." I laughed with my mood lightening up.

"Oh I am, I just have a soft spot for you." He said, poking my nose.

"Okay now you're lying. You sound so cliche." I looked up at him, staring over his blue eyes. His smile was, as usual, small but there. He drifted closer as he closed in on my lips. That was until we heard the from door slam open. I jerked back with my eyebrows furrowed wondering if there was a break in. A few short second passed by of us frozen until my face relaxed knowing who it was.

"Hello, Lilah." I yelled out to the front of the house.

"I heard you're sister is in town. You haven't seen her in years!" She screamed. I heard her shoes clicked on the ground as she ran everywhere to find us.

"Keep going straight and into your left." I directed her, getting up from my spot. A groan left Vincent as he fell limp into the couch further.

"Why." He grumbled. I laughed at him frustrated. His head lifted back up to glare at me as he flipped me off.

I spun around to see Lilah huffing as she stood crouched over in the entry way. "God," She panted straitening back up. "I came as soon as I heard, thanks for the key." My eyes widened at her sentence as I didn't tell Vince that yet. "Also,-" She stopped when we heard another voice and footsteps around the house.

"Breadstick!?" I face palmed myself letting out a long sigh, Val.

"Keep going straight to your left." Lilah yelled. I questioned my friendship with these two a little too much sometimes. Val stopped next to Lilah huffing like she previously did. I noticed he cut his hair which suited him better than his last. Before they said anything else, their eyes shifted towards Vince sitting grumpily on the couch.

"Mr. Valerian." They both spoke in the same professional manner. Vince nodded at the two before getting up.

"I'll see you after this." He gave me a sharp look before turning around to leave via another door. I pursed my lips knowing I was in trouble. I turned back to my two friends with a disappointed expression. Both of their faces turned guilty and I rolled my eyes.

"Children." I muttered, sitting back onto the sofa. "So, my sister dated Vince." I avoided looking at their faces as they gasped.

"What!" Lilah said as she scurried over to me, jumping onto the couch with Val following. "Tell is everything."

Then I told them everything.

-

-

"What type of sister-" Val mumbled munching on chips I had in to table. "Man she should've stayed gone, no offense." He quickly added to the end. I shook my head leaning back further into the couch, smooshed in between my two friends.

"The weird thing is-" Lilah popped another chip into her mouth. "She looks exactly like you. Or you look exactly like her-" I shot her a glare then she closed her mouth.

"I think I should just stay in the house and hide my husband." I thought out loud.

"That's a good plan." Val said, kicking his feet up onto the coffee table. I smacked his legs off. He muttered something under his breath, but continued to eat.

"I don't," Lilah interjected. "You should cot life be unbothered. I hummed in acknowledgement.

"You're right." I reached I tot he bag of chips, munching on some myself. "I called Mrs. Walker, she said I could work at the cafe."

"Great! Maybe she'll disappear again." I frowned twirling a chip in my hand.

"But I don't want her to. She was like the peanut butter to my jelly when I was younger. The Apple to my pie." I whimpered. A sharp pain ran across my arm. I yelped soothing out the pained spot. I stared in shock at Lilah as she gave me a stern look.

"You sound like you've dated her and she ghosted you on prom day." I gave her look before throwing my arms up.

"She's my sister for gods sake!"

"A sister doesn't do that to their sibling." Val said looking at me knowingly.

"Merde." He's right. "I hate you both."

"We love you too."