16 | general

16 | GENERAL

Finn was insane enough to take another skimmer to go after Rey with Jannah

Finn was insane enough to take another skimmer to go after Rey with Jannah. Poe was enraged. "They know what they're doing." Celestia tried to calm him as she poked at the wires in the dash of the Falcon.

"They don't, Cel!" He shouted. Cel didn't feed into his anger, she merely let him blow off some steam on his own as she quietly worked on the ship. She wished she could do something special. She wished she could be more in tune with the force, but she wasn't. She was a simple human with a love for flying. It was the only thing she was good at, so it was what she'd stick to--working on ships and doing her part for the Resistance.

* * *

Finn came back to the shore and filled Poe and Celestia in. Kylo appeared on a ship and she stabbed him. Then, she took off on the ship Kylo arrived on.  Once again, Rey had abandoned the group. All they knew to do was to return to the Resistance base. They didn't have the wayfinder and Rey was gone.

Upon arriving back to the base, one of the commanders stopped the group before entering the base. "Something's happened." Her eyes were watery, signaling something bad had happened.

Poe brushed her off. "This can't wait. We gotta see the General."

"She's gone." The commander spoke as Poe began to walk past her.

Poe stopped dead in his tracks. Leia was more than a General to him. Yes, she was special to Celestia, but, to Poe, she was like a mother to him. And to Chewie... that was his sister, his best friend. Chewie began to moan. His body slumped down in defeat. They were taking blow after blow. They were losing people left and right and felt like there was no winning this war against the First Order. "Chewie.." Cel tried to comfort the Wookie. He dropped to his knees and let out a pained roar.

* * *

Since Leia passed away, one of her final commands was to make Poe acting general. He was the one giving orders around the place now. But, they had just come back from a mission awaiting new orders since they had no idea what to do next. The First Order seemed to have a lead on the Resistance now. They were broadcasting their terrorizing words--commanding all planets to either surrender to the new Final Order or die. It was an unnerving radio broadcast.

Poe was in despair. He wasn't ready for such a big obligation just yet. He wasn't prepared to take on the role of the leader of the Resistance. Celestia found him sitting beside Leia's corpse, saying his final words to her. "I gotta tell you, I don't know how to do this." Poe's eyes were watery as he scanned her blanketed body. No one could believe it. She was truly gone.

"What you did, I'm not ready. I don't know if I can end this war once and for all. But, I have to. For you. For Cel and I." Celestia heard Poe whisper over to Leia.