forty one

Hospital Wing

Harry had overheard everything that was exchanged between Snape, Draco and Pansy. The Hospital Wing was rather echo-y afterall.

Although oblivious, Harry had understood the situation. Draco lost his memories, but since when?

"Potter?", a voice echoed as Harry's eyes shot towards whoever called him. "Why are you here?", Draco asked, his usual chirpy notes absent.

Snape, Blaise, Ron and Pansy turned to look at him. "Harry?", Pansy was not expecting him.

"I- Uh...", Harry was caught off guard so he decided to just ask, "Did Draco really lose his memories?"

Snape looked at him suspiciously, something had to be going on behind his back. If not, there wouldn't be a reason as to why two eighth-year Slytherins was with a Weasley and Harry calling Draco by his given name.

Pansy slumped her shoulders and nodded, she knew that they couldn't pull the veil over Harry's eyes anymore.

"Yeah, that's pretty much what happened.", Pansy admitted.

"But...", Harry started, "He remembers me...?"

"Well, that's because he blocked the memories after the day I confessed to Hermione.", Pansy responded nonchalantly until she remembered that Snape was still present.

She slowly and dramatically turned around to see his reaction.

"A Slytherin prefect and a Gryffindor?", Snape questioned.

Pansy lifted her hands up, as a sign of surrender. "Hey, hey, Professor Snape, you got to admit that her intelligent mind is extremely beautiful.", she grinned.

Snape let out a soft but audible grunt.

"In short, he doesn't remember the truce that both of you made.", Ron explained.

Harry stood rooted to the ground, was it an appropriate time to ask Draco when he didn't even remember being friends?

Ron looked at Blaise and Pansy. He then quickly walked towards Harry and escorted him out, "Hey, mate, look at the time! It's time for, uh, Quidditch practice!"

Pansy faked her laughter as she turned to Blaise, "Yeah, Blaise, you better go with them, yeah?"

Blaise got the memo and jogged towards the two and exiting the Hospital Wing.

"Zabini and Weasley?", Snape peered down at Pansy, his arms folded. "Are they... Romantically involved?"

"Ah,", Pansy avoided eye contact, "You noticed?"

"Blaise and Weasley are dating!?", Draco exclaimed. "Oh Merlin, I did not expect that."

Pansy wanted to point out so many instances that gave them away, but Snape was still present. Oh boy, Draco was almost as oblivious as Harry.

"We will continue this after my next class.", Snape emphasised on the one 'will'. "Weasley, Granger and Zabini will be excused from their classes. So will you, Parkinson.". Pansy nodded, defeated. There was no way they were getting out of this.

Snape left shortly after.

Pansy sighed, he was finally gone.

"In the name of Merlin, the things we do for you, Dray.", Pansy sat at the edge of Draco's bed.

"What did I do?", he asked.

Pansy shook her head as she looked around for the clock, "Nevermind. Anyway, I'll be going back to the Slytherin Common Room to kill time. Catch you later, Dray. Get well soon."

"Thanks, Pansy.", Draco waved as Pansy walked out of the Hospital Wing.

.
.
.
.
.

A/N: Thank you to everyone of yall who voted and commented, we're now at 25+k reads and 1k+ votes ilyalls sm 🥺💕💕

Although I don't always respond, I always read every single one of yalls comments and it brings me sm joy to see yall being so engaged 😂😂

Hope you guys will continue to enjoy this story as we slowly start to approach the end ;)